Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PING "MIKE " new virus?

PING "MIKE " new virus?

gronod

Hi,
Norton 2002 picked up on a "virus" called BLOODHOUND when an email opened in
preview pane on outlook express.
After several warning boxes had been clicked, it showed that the "virus" had
been quaraintined but could not be deleted.
Searched google for "virus" name but no trace. searched symantec website, it
showed that norton had picked up on malicious code and had quarantined the
files belonging to "virus" .The name BLOODHOUND was given to the "virus" as
norton did not recognise it as a previous known virus. I could not submit to
Symantec for checking, sending failed several times.
Taking the route start/c:/prog files/norton/quarantine I was able to delete
files one by one. But with 60,680 files to delete this is a very longwinded
process.
Trying edit/select all. made programme lock up, task manager shows folder
not responding. left it for 15 mins see if it would eventually happen but it
didnt.
MIKE you have assisted me in the past, and i still owe you a pint of banks's
Any chance I could owe another?
Any idea what has attacked my computer ?
Any idea how to delete these files withouts pending all day, and suffering
mouse cramp?
Incidentally have run antivir, house call, symantec online scan, and another
from rav, also spybot s&d updated, adaware updated, stinger, none have shown
anything remotely unusual.
The quarantine folder shows 4.69 gb size
running win XP with SP1
Appreciate any advice
regards
Gordon

Mr Floppy

gronod wiped, flushed and then wrote into 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hi,
> Norton 2002 picked up on a "virus" called BLOODHOUND when an email opened
> in preview pane on outlook express.

Results 1 - 10 of about 29,500 for BLOODHOUND Virus "remove". (0.31 seconds)

You ****ing gormless tit.

--
Mr Floppy
--

MrGrumpy

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...loodhound.html
often a good place to look

"gronod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c4c0e.115468$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
> Hi,
> Norton 2002 picked up on a "virus" called BLOODHOUND when an email opened

in
> preview pane on outlook express.
> After several warning boxes had been clicked, it showed that the "virus"

had
> been quaraintined but could not be deleted.
> Searched google for "virus" name but no trace. searched symantec website,

it
> showed that norton had picked up on malicious code and had quarantined the
> files belonging to "virus" .The name BLOODHOUND was given to the "virus"

as
> norton did not recognise it as a previous known virus. I could not submit

> Symantec for checking, sending failed several times.
> Taking the route start/c:/prog files/norton/quarantine I was able to

delete
> files one by one. But with 60,680 files to delete this is a very

longwinded
> process.
> Trying edit/select all. made programme lock up, task manager shows folder
> not responding. left it for 15 mins see if it would eventually happen but

it
> didnt.
> MIKE you have assisted me in the past, and i still owe you a pint of

banks's
> Any chance I could owe another?
> Any idea what has attacked my computer ?
> Any idea how to delete these files withouts pending all day, and suffering
> mouse cramp?
> Incidentally have run antivir, house call, symantec online scan, and

another
> from rav, also spybot s&d updated, adaware updated, stinger, none have

shown
> anything remotely unusual.
> The quarantine folder shows 4.69 gb size
> running win XP with SP1
> Appreciate any advice
> regards
> Gordon

gronod

"Mr Floppy" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
> gronod wiped, flushed and then wrote into 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
> > Hi,
> > Norton 2002 picked up on a "virus" called BLOODHOUND when an email

opened
> > in preview pane on outlook express.

> Results 1 - 10 of about 29,500 for BLOODHOUND Virus "remove". (0.31

seconds)

> You ****ing gormless tit.
>
> --
> Mr Floppy
> --
> There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered

mutant
> never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare
> to die.
> -Hunter S. Thompson-

Hello MR. Floppy,
Thanks for advice.
Done that, been there, no teashirt I'm Afraid, Seen advice about update for
patch. Had already cleared internet/temp files
However original post did say the virus was quarantined, therefore my comp
is safe from it, (says norton antivirus) Still left with problem of deleting
60,000 plus files left in norton anti virus quarantine folder. will try
again tho.
As I was brought up. not dragged up Many thanks for help
regards
Grodon
(gormless twit)
(expletive deleted)

Wizard

gronod <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> As I was brought up.

Your mother must've eaten some bad pork.

gronod

"Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> gronod <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > As I was brought up.

> Your mother must've eaten some bad pork.

Hi,
How bin ya mate,
New keyboard, Correction. replace brought, with bought.
Inglish as she ay talked, as we say around here.
Grodon

Mr Floppy

gronod wiped, flushed and then wrote into alt.os.windows-xp:

> "Mr Floppy" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
>> gronod wiped, flushed and then wrote into 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > Norton 2002 picked up on a "virus" called BLOODHOUND when an email

> opened
>> > in preview pane on outlook express.

>> Results 1 - 10 of about 29,500 for BLOODHOUND Virus "remove". (0.31

> seconds)
>>
>> You ****ing gormless tit.
>>
>> --
>> Mr Floppy
>> --
>> There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered

> mutant
>> never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too
>> rare to die.
>> -Hunter S. Thompson-

> Hello MR. Floppy,
> Thanks for advice.

Your welcome

> Done that, been there, no teashirt I'm Afraid, Seen advice about update
> for patch. Had already cleared internet/temp files

You are a liar: Results 1 - 10 of about *29,500*
look again.

I dont give a **** what you do really.

> As I was brought up.

From that depth?, well done, you must be nearly ready to learn how to use
cutlery.

> not dragged up

All that work, when someone could have pulled you along?

> Many thanks for help
> regards
> Grodon

Your welcome

--
Mr Floppy
--
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant
never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare
to die.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

chrisv

gronod wrote:

>Hello MR. Floppy,

*plonk*

Lookout

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:19:31 GMT, "gronod" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Mr Floppy" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
>> gronod wiped, flushed and then wrote into 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > Norton 2002 picked up on a "virus" called BLOODHOUND when an email

>opened
>> > in preview pane on outlook express.

>> Results 1 - 10 of about 29,500 for BLOODHOUND Virus "remove". (0.31

>seconds)
>>
>> You ****ing gormless tit.
>>
>> --
>> Mr Floppy
>> --
>> There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered

>mutant
>> never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare
>> to die.
>> -Hunter S. Thompson-

>Hello MR. Floppy,
>Thanks for advice.
>Done that, been there, no teashirt I'm Afraid, Seen advice about update for
>patch. Had already cleared internet/temp files
>However original post did say the virus was quarantined, therefore my comp
>is safe from it, (says norton antivirus) Still left with problem of deleting
>60,000 plus files left in norton anti virus quarantine folder. will try
>again tho.
>As I was brought up. not dragged up Many thanks for help
>regards
>Grodon
>(gormless twit)
>(expletive deleted)

Boot to DOS and delete the directory.

gronod

"Lookout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:19:31 GMT, "gronod" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >"Mr Floppy" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message

> >opened
> >>
> >>SNIP> >

> Boot to DOS and delete the directory.

Thanks for plain english answer, that gave me the idea to navigate through
start/search/quarantine, upon trying to delete the folder, it gave me the
message "folder too big for recycle bin, do you want to permanently
delete?", to which I clicked yes. ( the folder size was 4.69 gb with
60,000 plus files), and looks like some success at last. I shall no doubt
have to add new folder called quarantine unless norton will create a new
one, will email to ask them..
Once again, Many thanks.
Grodon