Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Fighting abuse with abuse

Fighting abuse with abuse

Narug the chimp-enticer

Perce P. Cassidy, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> /You/ published that person's email address /without/ their consent &
> /maliciously/, not just in one post, but now in a second. This could
> well be in breach of Individual.net's TOS & that of your ISP.

(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)

Witold Swiertnia

Perce P. Cassidy, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> CAN A FERRET BE DECLAWED?

Perce P. Cassidy

Perce P. Cassidy wrote:

> I suffer from CMS - Can't Remember ****!

Mara

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:58:57 -0000, "Paul - xxx" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Mara composed the following;:
>> For those too lazy to do their own research:
>>
>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?S292138BA
>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?H2A2228BA
>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?E2E2228BA
>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?E103668BA
>>
>> And there you have it. Just four samples, out of about *58,000,*
>> about how fighting abuse with abuse is wrong - by the very people who
>> actually DO fight abuse, every single day. Anyone, anywhere, who
>> thinks fighting abuse with more abuse is acceptable is not only
>> deluding themselves, they're lying, both to themselves and the world
>> at large, and lowering themselves to the very level they proclaim to
>> be so horrible.
>>
>> "And *that's* the plain, unvarnished truth, whether anyone likes it
>> or not."

>Doesn't it, just sometimes, give you a nice warm glow though ..

It sure pulled the unethical children out of the woodwork, didn't it?

"You can lead a cluebie to websites, but you can't make them think."

>Retaliation is usually the resort of someone with a poor argument, or
>lack of understanding. IMHO.

Or lack of ethics, working brain cells, etc., etc.. Blueyonder wasn't the best
at handling abuse issues *before* these morons decided to play their
empty-headed games. This kind of thing certainly doesn't help, but what do they
care? "They're not my servers." Which of course directly correlates to the Rules
of Spam. Change the word "spam" to "abuse," and they fit perfectly:

Rule #0: Spam is theft.

Angel's Commentary: Spammers believe it's okay to steal a little bit from each
person on the Internet at once.

Sharp's Corollary: Spammers attempt to re-define "spamming" as that which they
do not do.

And the most relevant one of all:

Crissman's Corollary: A spammer, when caught, blames his victims.

They're no better than spammers. In fact, they deliberately try to force more
spam to be spewed into servers, so, they *are* spammers.

"Boy, *that's* something to be proud of, isn't it? "

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

Paul - xxx

Mara composed the following;:

> "Boy, *that's* something to be proud of, isn't it? "

Fame comes at a price.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

DaveG

gangle wrote:
> "DaveG" wrote
>
>>gangle wrote:
>>

>>>"Redman" wrote

>>>The writer had to have a life to post. The writer had
>>>to be living right now in order to post a short time ago.
>>>So your comments make you an actual moron.

>>but no one believes you and no one cares.

> It amazes me that you are able to know
> exactly what everyone is thinking. Are
> you a psychic -- a deity -- an intuitive
> pig-****er.

gosh, insults now, what else you got?

>>so it's ALL a bit immature isn't it?

> No, not all, but YOU c l e a r l y are.

yep, i admit it.
what's the charge?

>>histronics over usenettiequette is utter crap, have a meaningful
>>conversation ffs.
>>or at least display a modicum of a SOH.

> Is there any chance you could briefly display a modicum
> of intelligence and write one readable sentence?

nOt ThiS WeEK.

DaveG

trout wrote:

> DaveG wrote:

>>but no one believes you and no one cares.

> Speak for yourself.

there's some truth in this, check the number of replies against general
posts here or are thousands at my door waiting to lynch me??
no one cares and your "worthy" posturing doesn't convince me at all.

>>so it's ALL a bit immature isn't it?

>Yes, repeatedy doing this for no useful effect, victimizing innocent
> third parties, at this point mainly 'because you can' is stupendously
> immature. It's *you* that's behaving like a loutish teen.

thorry.

>>histronics over usenettiequette is utter crap, have a meaningful
>>conversation ffs.
>>or at least display a modicum of a SOH.

> Try to get a simple notion screwed into that thick melon of yours.
> It is not a question of 'netiequette'. It is abuse of an ISP's mail
> server. Do you think that a flood of spam effects *one* account? Do you
> think?

i don't care.

gangle

"DaveG" wrote
> trout wrote:
>
> > DaveG wrote:

> >>but no one believes you and no one cares.

> > Speak for yourself.

> there's some truth in this, check the number of replies against general
> posts here or are thousands at my door waiting to lynch me??
> no one cares and your "worthy" posturing doesn't convince me at all.
>
> >>so it's ALL a bit immature isn't it?

> >Yes, repeatedy doing this for no useful effect, victimizing innocent
> > third parties, at this point mainly 'because you can' is stupendously
> > immature. It's *you* that's behaving like a loutish teen.

> thorry.
>
> >>histronics over usenettiequette is utter crap, have a meaningful
> >>conversation ffs.
> >>or at least display a modicum of a SOH.

> > Try to get a simple notion screwed into that thick melon of yours.
> > It is not a question of 'netiequette'. It is abuse of an ISP's mail
> > server. Do you think that a flood of spam effects *one* account? Do you
> > think?

> i don't care.

Exactly the point. You don't care because you are a
self-centered shitbag with a massively overinflated
sense of importance, with zero empathy and compassion
for others, and devoid of personal discipline or ethics.

Mara

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:13:57 -0800, "gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip>
>Exactly the point. You don't care because you are a
>self-centered shitbag with a massively overinflated
>sense of importance, with zero empathy and compassion
>for others, and devoid of personal discipline or ethics.

He seems to have sidestepped the question of whether he is capable of thinking,
but from what I've seen in replies it's already been answered in the negative,
by his own posts.

"Whining won't change the fact that he's abusing the net. That's a fact."

Mara wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:13:57 -0800, "gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <snip>

>>Exactly the point. You don't care because you are a
>>self-centered shitbag with a massively overinflated
>>sense of importance, with zero empathy and compassion
>>for others, and devoid of personal discipline or ethics.

> He seems to have sidestepped the question of whether he is capable of thinking,
> but from what I've seen in replies it's already been answered in the negative,
> by his own posts.

> "Whining won't change the fact that he's abusing the net. That's a fact."

Abuse?
You don't know the meaning of the word lady.
or at least display a hypocrites attitide in this regard, along with
your lovely fiends.

why should i get into conversation with yous?
forget it.