Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Fighting abuse with abuse

Fighting abuse with abuse

gangle

"Redman" wrote

> "gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > "Redman" wrote
> > >
> > > "Mara" wrote

> how

> DO
> > > fight

> with
> > > more

> both
> > > level

> > > not."

> > > Get a life you moron, live in the now.

> > The writer had to have a life to post. The writer had
> > to be living right now in order to post a short time ago.
> > So your comments make you an actual moron.

> Oh dear, you've never seen Waynes World I take it.

I haven't had time. I was only born yesterday.

gangle

"Rgr" wrote
> 127.0.0.1 wrote:
>
> > i'm generally a nice person, but anyone that f*cks with me will end up
> > fixing their credit history.
> >
> > -a|ex

> Since you can do all that, would you mind to fix my credit history? My
> banker throws eggs at my car when I drive by the bank, yelling something
> about mudder "something".

Don't hold your breath. His cyber-powers might be less awesome
than he claims, considering he can't even find his shift key.

gangle

"DaveG" wrote
> gangle wrote:
>
> > "Redman" wrote
> >
> >>"Mara" wrote

> >>fight

> >>more

> >>level

> >>not."

> >>Get a life you moron, live in the now.

> > The writer had to have a life to post. The writer had
> > to be living right now in order to post a short time ago.
> > So your comments make you an actual moron.

> but no one believes you and no one cares.

It amazes me that you are able to know
exactly what everyone is thinking. Are
you a psychic -- a deity -- an intuitive
pig-****er.

> so it's ALL a bit immature isn't it?

No, not all, but YOU c l e a r l y are.

> histronics over usenettiequette is utter crap, have a meaningful
> conversation ffs.
> or at least display a modicum of a SOH.

Is there any chance you could briefly display a modicum
of intelligence and write one readable sentence?

trout

DaveG wrote:

> but no one believes you and no one cares.

Speak for yourself.

> so it's ALL a bit immature isn't it?

Yes, repeatedy doing this for no useful effect, victimizing innocent
third parties, at this point mainly 'because you can' is stupendously
immature. It's *you* that's behaving like a loutish teen.

> histronics over usenettiequette is utter crap, have a meaningful
> conversation ffs.
> or at least display a modicum of a SOH.

Try to get a simple notion screwed into that thick melon of yours.
It is not a question of 'netiequette'. It is abuse of an ISP's mail
server. Do you think that a flood of spam effects *one* account? Do you
think?
--
Grow up.

Paul - xxx

Mara composed the following;:
> For those too lazy to do their own research:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?S292138BA
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?H2A2228BA
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?E2E2228BA
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?E103668BA
>
> And there you have it. Just four samples, out of about *58,000,*
> about how fighting abuse with abuse is wrong - by the very people who
> actually DO fight abuse, every single day. Anyone, anywhere, who
> thinks fighting abuse with more abuse is acceptable is not only
> deluding themselves, they're lying, both to themselves and the world
> at large, and lowering themselves to the very level they proclaim to
> be so horrible.
>
> "And *that's* the plain, unvarnished truth, whether anyone likes it
> or not."

Doesn't it, just sometimes, give you a nice warm glow though ..

Retaliation is usually the resort of someone with a poor argument, or
lack of understanding. IMHO.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Perce P. Cassidy

It was on Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:49:38 +0000, that DaveG contributed:

> gangle wrote:
>
>> "Redman" wrote
>>
>>>"Mara" wrote

>>>fight

>>>more

>>>level

>>>not."

>>>Get a life you moron, live in the now.

>> The writer had to have a life to post. The writer had
>> to be living right now in order to post a short time ago.
>> So your comments make you an actual moron.

> but no one believes you and no one cares.
> so it's ALL a bit immature isn't it?
> histronics over usenettiequette is utter crap,

Individual.net say you should respect netiquette. Obviously /you/ don't
seem to think that their rules apply to you. There is a /very/ good reason
why anyone's email address is not normally published in a usenet message,
but it's ramifications appear to be beyond you. As an admin, I can tell
you that you've just given some other admins more work to do. As I said
before, you /do/ realise that you can be reported for abuse to
Individual.net, & that they, in turn, can report you to your ISP?

From Individual.net's "Rules of Useage"
Rules for Usage Netiquette
Most hierarchies of Usenet have their own netiquette and guidelines. Users
should pay attention to the relevant policies.
Also, you should pay attention to general Usenet policies.

/You/ published that person's email address /without/ their consent &
/maliciously/, not just in one post, but now in a second. This could well
be in breach of Individual.net's TOS & that of your ISP.

<snip>

--
I don't know what your
problem is, but I should

Tobias Lichtmann

Perce P. Cassidy, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> /You/ published that person's email address /without/ their consent &
> /maliciously/, not just in one post, but now in a second. This could
> well be in breach of Individual.net's TOS & that of your ISP.

(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)

Ashton Boggleman-Genningfire

Perce P. Cassidy, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It was on Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:49:38 +0000, that DaveG contributed:
>
>> gangle wrote:
>>
>>> "Redman" wrote

>>> The writer had to have a life to post. The writer had
>>> to be living right now in order to post a short time ago.
>>> So your comments make you an actual moron.

>> but no one believes you and no one cares.
>> so it's ALL a bit immature isn't it?
>> histronics over usenettiequette is utter crap,

> Individual.net say you should respect netiquette. Obviously /you/
> don't seem to think that their rules apply to you. There is a /very/
> good reason why anyone's email address is not normally published in a
> usenet message, but it's ramifications appear to be beyond you. As an
> admin, I can tell you that you've just given some other admins more
> work to do. As I said before, you /do/ realise that you can be
> reported for abuse to Individual.net, & that they, in turn, can
> report you to your ISP?
>
> From Individual.net's "Rules of Useage"
> Rules for Usage Netiquette
> Most hierarchies of Usenet have their own netiquette and guidelines.
> Users should pay attention to the relevant policies.
> Also, you should pay attention to general Usenet policies.
>
> /You/ published that person's email address /without/ their consent &
> /maliciously/, not just in one post, but now in a second. This could
> well be in breach of Individual.net's TOS & that of your ISP.
>
> <snip>

Alf Ogilvie-Rodney