Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Red Hat Linux 9

Red Hat Linux 9

Jimmy S. Mejia

I have a problem. I am trying to install Red Hat Linux 9 on a Sony Vaio
PCG - R505 EL but it keeps telling me to install a device driver which I
can't find. I tried putting the original Vaio disks to see if it would look
for them, but nothing. I need help with this installation.

cluedweasel

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:34:56 GMT, "Jimmy S. Mejia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a problem. I am trying to install Red Hat Linux 9 on a Sony Vaio
>PCG - R505 EL but it keeps telling me to install a device driver which I
>can't find. I tried putting the original Vaio disks to see if it would look
>for them, but nothing. I need help with this installation.

Not Redhat 9 but there should be some pointers here;

http://jpdavin.com/linux/linux-r505.html

or try here;

http://www2.sis.pitt.edu/~sjedrus/vaio-linux.html

As the first page mentions, that guy had more luck with FC3.

There's lots more to be found on Google; Results 1 - 20 of about 1,790
for "PCG - R505EL" linux. (0.56 seconds)

docmill

"Jimmy S. Mejia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4W0%d.4835$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a problem. I am trying to install Red Hat Linux 9 on a Sony
> Vaio PCG - R505 EL but it keeps telling me to install a device driver
> which I can't find. I tried putting the original Vaio disks to see if
> it would look for them, but nothing. I need help with this
> installation.

It's always, most of the time, and usually, if not this time, the modem.

--
+++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

Parko

Jimmy S. Mejia wrote:
> I have a problem. I am trying to install Red Hat Linux 9 on a Sony Vaio
> PCG - R505 EL but it keeps telling me to install a device driver which I
> can't find. I tried putting the original Vaio disks to see if it would look
> for them, but nothing. I need help with this installation.

And the device requiring drivers is? Methinks FC3, SuSE 9.2, or Mandrake
10.1 would be better options. RH9 is no longer supported.
--
Parko
D'oh! Windows won't install with a Microsoft Wireless KB. How smart.