Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Not getting emails

Not getting emails

danharting

I have not received any emails since 3/14. even though I KNOW friends have
sent them?

The window opens and all appears fine, and I can get on the websites, but no
incoming or outgoing emails?

Can you help,
This is probably stupid since I doubt you'll get this or if you do, I doubt
I'll get your answer?

Dan Harting

Miss Perspicacia Tick

danharting wrote:
> I have not received any emails since 3/14. even though I KNOW friends
> have sent them?
>
> The window opens and all appears fine, and I can get on the websites,
> but no incoming or outgoing emails?
>
> Can you help,
> This is probably stupid since I doubt you'll get this or if you do, I
> doubt I'll get your answer?
>
> Dan Harting

1) This is *NOT* your ISP - it's a peer-to-peer Usenet group
2) This is Usenet, *NOT* email
3) Posting to Usenet with an unadulterated email address is incredibly
stupid - you will now be on every spammer's mailing list.
4) Even if someone from Insight happened to read this (they won't) then
they certainly won't be able to assist you with the amount of information
you've given them!

*Learn* how to post to Usenet

How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

How to Act Smart on Usenet

Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/f.../Mar27pmvp.asp

How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

Otherwise, you might as well try here:

Psychic Friends Network
(800) 592-7827

DC

danharting wrote:
> I have not received any emails since 3/14. even though I KNOW friends have
> sent them?

> The window opens and all appears fine, and I can get on the websites, but no
> incoming or outgoing emails?

> Can you help,
> This is probably stupid since I doubt you'll get this or if you do, I doubt
> I'll get your answer?

> Dan Harting

Oh. Well, okay then. Next!

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com

Plato

danharting wrote:

> I have not received any emails since 3/14. even though I KNOW friends have
> sent them?
>
> This is probably stupid since I doubt you'll get this or if you do, I doubt
> I'll get your answer?

Then you are talking about usenet and not email.

Blinky the Shark

danharting wrote:

> I have not received any emails since 3/14. even though I KNOW friends have
> sent them?

Well, I don't know...*do* you know that?

> The window opens and all appears fine, and I can get on the websites, but no
> incoming or outgoing emails?

Well, I don't know...*are* there incoming or outgoing emails?

> Can you help,

Now *that*'s where the question mark would go -- on the question.
You're 0 for 3 and sinking fast.

> This is probably stupid since I doubt you'll get this or if you do, I doubt
> I'll get your answer?

Well, I don't know...*will* you get my answer?

0 for 4. You lose.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

Tom - www.tditcorp.com

danharting wrote:

> I have not received any emails since 3/14. even though I KNOW friends have
> sent them?
>
> The window opens and all appears fine, and I can get on the websites, but no
> incoming or outgoing emails?
>
> Can you help,
> This is probably stupid since I doubt you'll get this or if you do, I doubt
> I'll get your answer?
>
> Dan Harting

Call your ISP.

They'll give you an answer.