Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Free DVD player wanted.

Free DVD player wanted.

Fred

Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.

T.I.A.

Paul - xxx

Fred composed the following;:
> Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.
>
> T.I.A.

http://www.interactual.com/

Also comes free on many retail DVD's. As a basic player it's pretty
good, I think.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Steve P

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.
>
> T.I.A.

You might want to ask in alt.comp.freeware newsgroup as well.

PC

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.
>
> T.I.A.

Try VLC if you like Open Source

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

One to stay away from is Cliprex (DS or Lite)
It comes with a dose of New.Net spyware, which is one of the nastier
spywares.
(though I managed to get it on a machineby using several anti spyware
programs to block it's installation during Cliprex's install then removing
New.Net from the Add/Remove programs list before rebooting)

Cheers
Paul.

Jerry G.

Winamp, and Windows Media Player are very good. But, you need a DVD drive in
the computer in order to play DVD's in the first place. When installing a
DVD player, it normally comes with excellent software to run it, and play
DVD's.

--

Jerry G.
======

Fred wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.
>
> T.I.A.

Try the Movix liveCDs

They turn your PC into an independent DVD/VCD player.
All free and open source.

Fred

Many thanks. Didn't realise that - thought DVD's might run on a CD player
with right program and a screen!
We live and learn.

"Jerry G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Winamp, and Windows Media Player are very good. But, you need a DVD drive
> in
> the computer in order to play DVD's in the first place. When installing a
> DVD player, it normally comes with excellent software to run it, and play
> DVD's.
>
> --
>
> Jerry G.
> ======
>

> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.
>
> T.I.A.

jadoo

Fred wrote:
> Many thanks. Didn't realise that - thought DVD's might run on a CD

player
> with right program and a screen!
> We live and learn.
>
> "Jerry G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Winamp, and Windows Media Player are very good. But, you need a DVD

drive
> > in
> > the computer in order to play DVD's in the first place. When

installing a
> > DVD player, it normally comes with excellent software to run it,

and play
> > DVD's.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Jerry G.
> > ======
> >

> > "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.
> >
> > T.I.A.

For anybody who is about to download and install cliprex, STOP.
Cliprex is bundled with spyware and new.net virus which will screw up
your system

The installation some how disables antivirus, firewall, spyware, etc..
And all your browers will attempt to connect to the internet thru a
new domain.