Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firefox for Anit SPAM, or only good for SpyWare?

Reply
Thread Tools

Firefox for Anit SPAM, or only good for SpyWare?

 
 
lbbss
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2005
Does using FireFox (as opossed to Internet Explorer) help redure Spam you
get. Or is it only useful to combat Spyware. Thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2005
lbbss wrote:
|| Does using FireFox (as opossed to Internet Explorer) help redure
|| Spam you get. Or is it only useful to combat Spyware. Thanks

Firefox is a BROWSER, in other words it doesn't do email.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paul - xxx
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2005
lbbss composed the following;:
> Does using FireFox (as opossed to Internet Explorer) help redure Spam
> you get. Or is it only useful to combat Spyware. Thanks


No. Firefox does absolutely nothing to combat spam.

The opossed ... are they like an Opossum but different?

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!
 
Reply With Quote
 
The Old Sourdough
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2005
On 17 Mar 2005, Gordon scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> lbbss wrote:
>|| Does using FireFox (as opossed to Internet Explorer) help redure
>|| Spam you get. Or is it only useful to combat Spyware.
>|| Thanks
>
> Firefox is a BROWSER, in other words it doesn't do email.
>
>


Yeah, but it might "redure" spam, if you can figger out what "redure"
means.

--
The Old Sourdough
You know what I like best about the NCAA Basketball Tournament? Sixty-
three losers.-George Carlin
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2005
The Old Sourdough wrote:
|| On 17 Mar 2005, Gordon scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
||
||| lbbss wrote:
||||| Does using FireFox (as opossed to Internet Explorer) help redure
||||| Spam you get. Or is it only useful to combat Spyware.
||||| Thanks
|||
||| Firefox is a BROWSER, in other words it doesn't do email.
|||
|||
||
|| Yeah, but it might "redure" spam, if you can figger out what "redure"
|| means.
||




 
Reply With Quote
 
Old Gringo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2005
lbbss wrote:
> Does using FireFox (as opossed to Internet Explorer) help redure Spam you
> get. Or is it only useful to combat Spyware. Thanks
>
>

The companion email client for FireFox is Thunderbird:
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
Try it you'll like it.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Anonymous
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2005
Yeah, browsers don't do a thing about spam, yet email clients like Mozilla
Thunderbird do. I agree with Old Gringo.

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsdm_d.20483$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> lbbss wrote:
> > Does using FireFox (as opossed to Internet Explorer) help redure Spam

you
> > get. Or is it only useful to combat Spyware. Thanks
> >
> >

> The companion email client for FireFox is Thunderbird:
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
> Try it you'll like it.
>
> --
> Old Gringo George
> Magic Weaver Of Life
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2005
The Old Sourdough wrote:

> On 17 Mar 2005, Gordon scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:


>> lbbss wrote:
>>|| Does using FireFox (as opossed to Internet Explorer) help redure
>>|| Spam you get. Or is it only useful to combat Spyware.
>>|| Thanks


>> Firefox is a BROWSER, in other words it doesn't do email.


> Yeah, but it might "redure" spam, if you can figger out what "redure"
> means.


I dured once, back in '72. I didn't like it. I haven't dured since.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
Now killing all posts originating at Google Groups

 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2005
Gordon wrote:

> lbbss wrote:


>|| Does using FireFox (as opossed to Internet Explorer) help redure
>|| Spam you get. Or is it only useful to combat Spyware. Thanks


> Firefox is a BROWSER, in other words it doesn't do email.


And by so not doing, combats spam. I've been using Firefox for a
couple of months, now, and it's not received a *bit* of spam. How's
*that* for combatative?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
Now killing all posts originating at Google Groups

 
Reply With Quote
 
DC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2005
Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Gordon wrote:


>> lbbss wrote:


>>|| Does using FireFox (as opossed to Internet Explorer) help redure
>>|| Spam you get. Or is it only useful to combat Spyware. Thanks


>> Firefox is a BROWSER, in other words it doesn't do email.


> And by so not doing, combats spam. I've been using Firefox for a
> couple of months, now, and it's not received a *bit* of spam. How's
> *that* for combatative?


<snicker>

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NAV, NAV 5x.... Norton Anit-Virus?? MrDave Microsoft Certification 0 08-09-2009 07:48 PM
loading problems in IE only - clipping only happens onload windandwaves HTML 1 04-10-2006 04:35 AM
My boss so cheap!! Our ASP.NET only have 256MB only! How to release request used memory when Page Unload() event raise? ABC ASP .Net 7 01-13-2006 03:23 PM
anit alias and vpython FLChamp Python 0 12-26-2004 10:18 PM
Can Ant be made to compile only read only java files? vnssoftware Java 4 12-31-2003 08:20 AM



Advertisments