Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Whats all this nonsense with "REPOST" in the subject line?

Whats all this nonsense with "REPOST" in the subject line?

Gordon

NONE of these posts are "reposts at all! Who started this rubbish?

Scrote

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...um1/manuel.jpg
--
The physicist Leo Szilard once announced to his friend Hans Bethe that
he was thinking of keeping a diary: "I don't intend to publish. I am

cluedweasel

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:07:27 -0000, "Gordon"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>NONE of these posts are "reposts at all! Who started this rubbish?

It appears that someones anti-spam cancelbot was cancelling messages
that weren't spam. They are now reposting those mistakenly cancelled
messages.
I think there may be more going on as the volume of posts seem to be
way down in the last few days. Anyone else notice?

Old Gringo

cluedweasel wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:07:27 -0000, "Gordon"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>NONE of these posts are "reposts at all! Who started this rubbish?
>>

> It appears that someones anti-spam cancelbot was cancelling messages
> that weren't spam. They are now reposting those mistakenly cancelled
> messages.
> I think there may be more going on as the volume of posts seem to be
> way down in the last few days. Anyone else notice?

A post I made to nevill showed up as a repost and the orig. had an
error message under it(message may have expired)(click here to remove
all expired messages)??. What ever happened, looks like they are
trying to fix it.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Gordon

Old Gringo wrote:
|| cluedweasel wrote:
||| It appears that someones anti-spam cancelbot was cancelling messages
||| that weren't spam. They are now reposting those mistakenly cancelled
||| messages.
||| I think there may be more going on as the volume of posts seem to be
||| way down in the last few days. Anyone else notice?
|| A post I made to nevill showed up as a repost and the orig. had an
|| error message under it(message may have expired)(click here to remove
|| all expired messages)??. What ever happened, looks like they are
|| trying to fix it.

Interestingly some messages with "REPOST" in the subject line also appeared
in the MS News server newsgroups - one theory was that a "rogue" server
somewhere was actually "reposting" messages from a couple of days ago.....

Generics in 1.5, nonsense warnings? changzhouwang@gmail.com Java 4 11-17-2005 09:06 PM
No Subject for this subject George MCAD 0 05-20-2005 10:19 AM
Add/Remove Programs Help Kinda Wierd Do Not Ignore Terrable Subject JustIgnore The Subject Oops Whatever Duh Samuel Townsend Computer Support 0 10-13-2004 12:49 AM
Tired of Nonsense Sasha Y. Gupta MCSE 26 07-15-2004 07:53 PM
Whats the most overdone type subject/genre? what is least explored? Hugo Drax Digital Photography 97 01-23-2004 06:33 AM

Advertisments