Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > what kind of helpdesk is this?

what kind of helpdesk is this?

Knut Willy

Not ironically meant.
BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?

--
Knut Willy

Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Old Gringo

Knut Willy wrote:
> Not ironically meant.
> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?

Anything you desire. Someone will have an answer for you.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Knut Willy

På Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:27:30 GMT, skrev Old Gringo
<(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Knut Willy wrote:
>> Not ironically meant.
>> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?
>>

> Anything you desire. Someone will have an answer for you.

_____________ o ________________

I intended to come up with "Opera" software related questions.
But as I realize this is not the hotline to the "Opera" software house,
then I am not sure what to do.

Well here goes:
1. I am a fully paid user of Opera 7.54, but just today came this popup
saying something like "Be a member and get rid of annoying advertising
popups". It was gone for a long time, but today.....

2. I've tried to look for info on Opera's Search-and-find function. It
doesn't seem logical.

--
Knut Willy

Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

The Right Honourable Edwin P. Higglesthwaite

Knut Willy wrote:
> Not ironically meant.
> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?

This group is a combination of Keystone Kops, Abbot and Costello,
Benny Hill, and every turgid soap opera you can think of. It's a
combination of real life and fantasy, with a blend of sex and
violence. Ask your question, and you'll get answers, smart, stupid,
smart-assed, and otherwise.

--
Higgy

Old Gringo

Knut Willy wrote:
> På Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:27:30 GMT, skrev Old Gringo
> <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>> Knut Willy wrote:
>>
>>> Not ironically meant.
>>> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?
>>>

>> Anything you desire. Someone will have an answer for you.
>>

> _____________ o ________________
>
> I intended to come up with "Opera" software related questions.
> But as I realize this is not the hotline to the "Opera" software
> house, then I am not sure what to do.
>
> Well here goes:
> 1. I am a fully paid user of Opera 7.54, but just today came this
> popup saying something like "Be a member and get rid of annoying
> advertising popups". It was gone for a long time, but today.....
>
> 2. I've tried to look for info on Opera's Search-and-find function.
> It doesn't seem logical.

I am sure someone will be able to help you here, unfortunately I can
not. I might suggest you repost the last with a new subject line,
like Opera Browser Help or something to that effect. Good luck.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Vanguard

"Knut Willy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)2.no...
> Not ironically meant.
> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?
>
> --
> Knut Willy
>
> Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
> http://www.opera.com/m2/

Opera, as an NNTP client, doesn't let you specify a partial string on
which to search for newsgroups (that your particular NNTP carries)? I
entered "opera" in OE and there were lots of newsgroups with "opera" in
them (I use Giganews for my NNTP server), like "opera.mail+news". You
might find other more active opera newsgroups.

I suspect your questions are that of a newbie user since you didn't even
look at their home page of their web site to find the support pages to
their very own online community (i.e., their own forum), plus Opera has
its own NNTP server for their own newsgroups. You can do it. Just
visit their home page, hover the mouse over the Support link in the
menubar, and click on Communities. You'll find their online forums and
how to use their NNTP for newsgroups. You'll definitely find a group of
users far more focused and experienced on the Opera browser.

soup

Knut Willy popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and
said
> Not ironically meant.
> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?

This NG is for any and all questions regarding anything.
Mainly the questions are computer related but someone will
know whatever you ask about, some get very upset if you
don't try and find the answer to the problem yourself first via
Googling, or don't give enough information of the problem.
It is a bit like shouting out your question on a bus, you will
get some lewd replies, some abusive replies, but in among
all the dross there will be someone who knows the answer.
The trick is knowing what is the answer and what is a pile
of **** and who's advice to follow and who will shout out
an answer but be 'wrong'.

--
yours S

neville

Its not any kind of helpdesk its an abuse desk.
Ask a question, get abuse.
"Knut Willy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)2.no...
> Not ironically meant.
> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?
>
> --
> Knut Willy
>
> Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
> http://www.opera.com/m2/

Tezza

"neville" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1110905435.88c750058ac6d3dcad680e67a25634bf@t eranews...
> Its not any kind of helpdesk its an abuse desk.
> Ask a question, get abuse.

oh, shut up

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:34:51 GMT, "Knut Willy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> 1. I am a fully paid user of Opera 7.54, but just today came this popup
|> saying something like "Be a member and get rid of annoying advertising
|> popups". It was gone for a long time, but today.....

In Opera Menu > register Opera
Put your number in (again). Making sure your name and company are
correct.

Deliver me from helpdesk hell... =?Utf-8?B?aGQgdHJvbGw=?= MCSE 10 10-28-2005 03:38 PM
OT: Working the helpdesk? It could be worse T-Bone MCSE 3 10-20-2005 06:32 PM
OT: helpdesk SB MCSE 9 01-21-2005 05:34 PM
helpdesk must be the worst argus MCSE 15 07-21-2004 09:57 PM
Need a good .NET web-based helpdesk application ASP .Net 0 10-15-2003 10:22 PM

Advertisments