Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Networking two desktops and a wireless laptop

Networking two desktops and a wireless laptop

Mark & Marci

I have three computers. One desktop and laptop are XP Pro, the other desktop
is 2000 Pro. At present I have the two desktops sharing a printer but
cannot share the harddrives. I have the hard drive C: as setup for sharing.
I am not able to see the other computer programs. I can see the workgroup.
All three are in the workgroup.

I want to be able to see the hard drives, and also for the laptop to be able
to print to the shared printer.

Toolman Tim

"Mark & Marci" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news3tZd.2682$UV2.2478@trnddc04...
>I have three computers. One desktop and laptop are XP Pro, the other
>desktop
> is 2000 Pro. At present I have the two desktops sharing a printer but
> cannot share the harddrives. I have the hard drive C: as setup for
> sharing.
> I am not able to see the other computer programs. I can see the
> workgroup.
> All three are in the workgroup.
>
> I want to be able to see the hard drives, and also for the laptop to be
> able
> to print to the shared printer.

Did you run the XP "Home Network Setup Wizard"? Also, it's often required
that to share resources on the W2K machine you need to have an account on it
to match each XP account. In other words, if "Joe" uses XP, and wants to
access the W2K system, there must be an account for "Joe" on that computer
as well.