Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > can't release all with winipcfg

can't release all with winipcfg

Jack Moore

using two different NW cards I can't release (and renew) to get nw card to
read ip address from router. using new win98se (have to) installation.
what
to do?

Spider

Jack Moore wrote:
> using two different NW cards I can't release (and renew) to get nw card to
> read ip address from router. using new win98se (have to) installation.
> what
> to do?

You don't have nearly enough information. What IP is showing that you
are trying to release? Is it showing a subnet mask? Gateway? DNS? Any
chance your network settings are set to specify an IP? (Right click
Network Neighborhood icon, go to properties, click tcpip protocol for
your network card, go to propertis, look at settings) What's the brand
name of your router? What IP does the manual say to use to access it?

--

Spider

http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
http://spider1.blogspot.com/

Winipcfg Zeddi Computer Support 5 04-11-2005 04:09 AM
Need winipcfg command for XP KungFusion Computer Support 8 06-15-2004 03:09 AM
winipcfg Enforcement Team Computer Support 7 02-22-2004 12:10 PM
ipconfig and winipcfg : What Do They Do ? Robert11 Computer Support 2 02-05-2004 02:37 AM
winipcfg JJ Computer Support 6 11-18-2003 04:11 PM

Advertisments