Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > unlock laptop

unlock laptop

pat

I have been given a laptop, but it has a lock on it to prevent Internet
connection. The person who gave it to us has moved on and cannot be
contacted. Does anyone know how we can unlock the laptop, or anyone in
authority that we can contact. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

old john

what make ? what model ? people here try to
help, but they`re not clairvoyant..J

"pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d13v3j$see$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have been given a laptop, but it has a lock on it to prevent Internet
>connection. The person who gave it to us has moved on and cannot be
>contacted. Does anyone know how we can unlock the laptop, or anyone in
>authority that we can contact. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

Wizard

old john <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> what make ? what model ? people here try to
> help, but they`re not clairvoyant..J

True, but then, you did forget the most important question of all...

"WHAT THE **** DO YOU MEAN, 'a lock on it to prevent Internet connection',
you gormless ****stain?"

HTH & HAND

> "pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d13v3j$see$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have been given a laptop, but it has a lock on it to prevent
>> Internet connection. The person who gave it to us has moved on and
>> cannot be contacted. Does anyone know how we can unlock the laptop,
>> or anyone in authority that we can contact. Any help would be much
>> appreciated. thanks.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

old john wrote:

> what make ? what model ? people here try to
> help, but they`re not clairvoyant..J

I knew someone was going to say that.

minicooper

errr ... what if it's a stolen laptop?
"Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uPhZd.1425$(E-Mail Removed)...
> old john wrote:
>
>> what make ? what model ? people here try to
>> help, but they`re not clairvoyant..J
>>

> I knew someone was going to say that.

Inajulikana Mliyempokea

elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Actually, I'm an experiment in Artificial Stupidity.

pat

NO it's not stolen and NO we can't all be the brain of Britain. Some of us
are new to computing. Problem sorted now anyway. Managed to get the pass
word to unlock.
So if you lot wanna carry on this stupid conversation between you, FEEL
FREE!!!!!!!!!!

news:HbiZd.20080$(E-Mail Removed)...

pat wrote:

> NO it's not stolen and NO we can't all be the brain of Britain. Some of us
> are new to computing. Problem sorted now anyway. Managed to get the pass
> word to unlock.
> So if you lot wanna carry on this stupid conversation between you, FEEL

Er...

--
Nah, sod it, can't be bothered.