Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Linux MP3 player - Bootable CD?

Linux MP3 player - Bootable CD?

Mike Walker

I've downloaded Geexbox to try a experiment with a old PC,
I wondered if there was any other programs based on Linux (or Free BSD)
that I can download the ISO, create a bootable CD, and try out like Geexbox?

Im not having a great success with Geexbox, it can not find any drivers
for my onboard graphics card. Im using a motherboard with everything
on board (graphics, sound, but no NIC)

many thanks for your help,
Mike.

Why not visit one of my web sites:-
http://www.feedback.gb.com - Grimsby's Best Rock Band
http://www.charltontravel.co.uk - A travel site I help to maintain.
All e-mails are scanned with Sophos Anti-Virus - Visit http://www.sohos.com

6*9=42
R.I.P. Douglas Adams - http://www.douglasadams.com/

none

Mike Walker wrote:
> I've downloaded Geexbox to try a experiment with a old PC,
> I wondered if there was any other programs based on Linux (or Free BSD)
> that I can download the ISO, create a bootable CD, and try out like Geexbox?
>
> Im not having a great success with Geexbox, it can not find any drivers
> for my onboard graphics card. Im using a motherboard with everything
> on board (graphics, sound, but no NIC)
> http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=831
>
> many thanks for your help,
> Mike.

There's bound to be something here to suit your purposes I think.
I should know, but it's too late AEST, and I can't be arsed.

--
Parko
FC3

Mike Walker