Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Graphic with transparent background

Graphic with transparent background

Toyalp2

I posted this message in alt.graphics but got no replies, the group is
not very popular, so sorry for posting it here.

I need to know how and with what program create a graphic with a
transparent background, for example let's say that I want the picture of
an oak leaf that I can place on top of any background or pictures.
The images that I can create with PaintShop Pro are all inside a
rectangle and with background, how can I do that?
Thanks for any help!
Carlos

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:22:09 GMT, Toyalp2 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> I need to know how and with what program create a graphic with a
|> transparent background, for example let's say that I want the picture of
|> an oak leaf that I can place on top of any background or pictures.
|> The images that I can create with PaintShop Pro are all inside a
|> rectangle and with background, how can I do that?

You need to create a GIF file for this
google for: graphic with transparent background

--
http://tinyurl.com/5hjw2

John

In paintshop Pro save it as a .psp file or export it as a tube
(file/export/picture tube) then it will be stored ready for use with the
picture tube tool

John

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:22:09 GMT, Toyalp2 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> |> I need to know how and with what program create a graphic with a
> |> transparent background, for example let's say that I want the picture
> of
> |> an oak leaf that I can place on top of any background or pictures.
> |> The images that I can create with PaintShop Pro are all inside a
> |> rectangle and with background, how can I do that?
>
> You need to create a GIF file for this
> google for: graphic with transparent background
>
> --
> http://tinyurl.com/5hjw2

WormWood

"Toyalp2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I posted this message in alt.graphics but got no replies, the group is
> not very popular, so sorry for posting it here.
>
> I need to know how and with what program create a graphic with a
> transparent background, for example let's say that I want the picture
> of
> an oak leaf that I can place on top of any background or pictures.
> The images that I can create with PaintShop Pro are all inside a
> rectangle and with background, how can I do that?
> Thanks for any help!
> Carlos

The following url should provide just the link you need. Making a
transparent gif is not so difficult unless you don't know how to do it.
<g> It says here you can even use MSPaint to create it.
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=transparent+gif&btnG=Google+Search>

dwacon

"Toyalp2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I posted this message in alt.graphics but got no replies, the group is
> not very popular, so sorry for posting it here.
>
> I need to know how and with what program create a graphic with a
> transparent background, for example let's say that I want the picture of
> an oak leaf that I can place on top of any background or pictures.
> The images that I can create with PaintShop Pro are all inside a
> rectangle and with background, how can I do that?
> Thanks for any help!

Set background color as transparent and save as GIF or PNG.

--
Black-and-Blue Cross
The Future of Healthcare

Lookout

Try the PaintShop newsgroup. There are 2 of them