Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Server 2003 question

Server 2003 question

Joni

Can anyone help ( I`m still learning in this area )

I've a small LAN at home running Win2003 server and 3 clients
Basically to get used to the client/server environment.

The server is setup as a domain controller, all works well i.e shares etc-
by just a small problem. I`m trying to manage the shares on one of the
client computers but when I go into active directory \ computers
right click on the computer and click manage, i receive this message
~Computer \\home1.bits.local cannot be managed. the network path was not
found~ etc:
On the other client it lets me access the shared folders but the local users
and groups
have a red cross through it and says unable to access the computer because
the network location
cannot be reached.

Any ideas - thanks for any help.

TechMan

You need to remove the computer account from AD (delete it). At th
workstation you will need to change the domain membership to
workgroup...reboot the system and rejoin the domain....that should fi
your problem

--
TechMa
TechMan's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1069

why?

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:22:22 -0000, Joni wrote:

>Can anyone help ( I`m still learning in this area )
>
>I've a small LAN at home running Win2003 server and 3 clients
>Basically to get used to the client/server environment.
>
>The server is setup as a domain controller, all works well i.e shares etc-

<snip>

How many times are you going to keep asking this question?
Maybe just the 3.

There are Microsoft specific server and AD newsgroups as well.

From: "Joni" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Subject: windows - Server 2003 questions
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:34:16 -0000