Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mozilla Firefox

Mozilla Firefox

Seeking/Providing Assistance

I am having a SLIGHT issue with Firefox. I have set it to be my default web
browser. I use Yahoo Mail (via the web, NOT via POP3) and when I downloaded
Yahoo Messenger I also chose to download "Yahoo Mail" a tiny program that
tells my computer that Yahoo Mail is MY E-Mail program and it gives you a
little Yahoo Mail icon. You click on the icon and it opens up the Yahoo
Mail sign in page with your user name and password. OK before I downloaded
Firefox when I would click on that icon it would obviously open up the mail
sign in page with IE because that was the only browser I had at the time.
As I said, I now have Firefox installed and have set it as my default
browswer. Now when I click on the Yahoo Mail icon it keeps launching IE
instead of Firefox (even though Firefox has been set as the default
browswer). Is there anyway to fix this so Firefox will open? I'm stumped!

Thanks.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:09:22 -0500, "Seeking/Providing Assistance"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> I am having a SLIGHT issue with Firefox. I have set it to be my default web
|> browser. I use Yahoo Mail (via the web, NOT via POP3) and when I downloaded
|> Yahoo Messenger I also chose to download "Yahoo Mail" a tiny program that
|> tells my computer that Yahoo Mail is MY E-Mail program and it gives you a
|> little Yahoo Mail icon. You click on the icon and it opens up the Yahoo
|> Mail sign in page with your user name and password. OK before I downloaded
|> Firefox when I would click on that icon it would obviously open up the mail
|> sign in page with IE because that was the only browser I had at the time.
|> As I said, I now have Firefox installed and have set it as my default
|> browswer. Now when I click on the Yahoo Mail icon it keeps launching IE
|> instead of Firefox (even though Firefox has been set as the default
|> browswer). Is there anyway to fix this so Firefox will open? I'm stumped!

Control Panel > Internet options > programs

burris

Seeking/Providing Assistance wrote:
> I am having a SLIGHT issue with Firefox. I have set it to be my default web
> browser. I use Yahoo Mail (via the web, NOT via POP3) and when I downloaded
> Yahoo Messenger I also chose to download "Yahoo Mail" a tiny program that
> tells my computer that Yahoo Mail is MY E-Mail program and it gives you a
> little Yahoo Mail icon. You click on the icon and it opens up the Yahoo
> Mail sign in page with your user name and password. OK before I downloaded
> Firefox when I would click on that icon it would obviously open up the mail
> sign in page with IE because that was the only browser I had at the time.
> As I said, I now have Firefox installed and have set it as my default
> browswer. Now when I click on the Yahoo Mail icon it keeps launching IE
> instead of Firefox (even though Firefox has been set as the default
> browswer). Is there anyway to fix this so Firefox will open? I'm stumped!
>
> Thanks.

I just went through this same battle and finally won.

Try this....

ctr panel\add remove\ then on the left side you will see "set program
access and defaults."
highlite firefox on the right and click on the left side as explained
above. You will be given a choice...after you chose, you will see a
couple of arrows which opens the corresponding window. The rest of the
choices should be obvious.

Good luck....

burris

Seeking/Providing Assistance

Already did that. my mail is set to Yahoo Mail but that still has nothing
to do with IE opening up instead of Firefox. IE is NOT the default web
browswer.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:09:22 -0500, "Seeking/Providing Assistance"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> |> I am having a SLIGHT issue with Firefox. I have set it to be my
> default web
> |> browser. I use Yahoo Mail (via the web, NOT via POP3) and when I
> downloaded
> |> Yahoo Messenger I also chose to download "Yahoo Mail" a tiny program
> that
> |> tells my computer that Yahoo Mail is MY E-Mail program and it gives you
> |> little Yahoo Mail icon. You click on the icon and it opens up the
> Yahoo
> |> Mail sign in page with your user name and password. OK before I
> downloaded
> |> Firefox when I would click on that icon it would obviously open up the
> mail
> |> sign in page with IE because that was the only browser I had at the
> time.
> |> As I said, I now have Firefox installed and have set it as my default
> |> browswer. Now when I click on the Yahoo Mail icon it keeps launching
> IE
> |> instead of Firefox (even though Firefox has been set as the default
> |> browswer). Is there anyway to fix this so Firefox will open? I'm
> stumped!
>

> Control Panel > Internet options > programs

Seeking/Providing Assistance

Which catagory do I want? It seems you can only modify the "custom"
catagory. I tried doing this lastnight and it still would not do anything.

"burris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seeking/Providing Assistance wrote:
>> I am having a SLIGHT issue with Firefox. I have set it to be my default
>> web
>> browser. I use Yahoo Mail (via the web, NOT via POP3) and when I
>> downloaded
>> Yahoo Messenger I also chose to download "Yahoo Mail" a tiny program that
>> tells my computer that Yahoo Mail is MY E-Mail program and it gives you a
>> little Yahoo Mail icon. You click on the icon and it opens up the Yahoo
>> Mail sign in page with your user name and password. OK before I
>> downloaded
>> Firefox when I would click on that icon it would obviously open up the
>> mail
>> sign in page with IE because that was the only browser I had at the time.
>> As I said, I now have Firefox installed and have set it as my default
>> browswer. Now when I click on the Yahoo Mail icon it keeps launching IE
>> instead of Firefox (even though Firefox has been set as the default
>> browswer). Is there anyway to fix this so Firefox will open? I'm
>> stumped!
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> I just went through this same battle and finally won.
>
> Try this....
>
> ctr panel\add remove\ then on the left side you will see "set program
> access and defaults."
> highlite firefox on the right and click on the left side as explained
> above. You will be given a choice...after you chose, you will see a
> couple of arrows which opens the corresponding window. The rest of the
> choices should be obvious.
>
> Good luck....
>
> burris

trout

Seeking/Providing Assistance wrote:

> I am having a SLIGHT issue with Firefox. I have set it to be my
> default web browser. I use Yahoo Mail (via the web, NOT via POP3)
> and when I downloaded Yahoo Messenger I also chose to download "Yahoo
> Mail" a tiny program that tells my computer that Yahoo Mail is MY
> E-Mail program and it gives you a little Yahoo Mail icon. You click
> on the icon and it opens up the Yahoo Mail sign in page with your
> user name and password. OK before I downloaded Firefox when I would
> click on that icon it would obviously open up the mail sign in page
> with IE because that was the only browser I had at the time. As I
> said, I now have Firefox installed and have set it as my default
> browswer. Now when I click on the Yahoo Mail icon it keeps launching
> IE instead of Firefox (even though Firefox has been set as the
> default browswer). Is there anyway to fix this so Firefox will open?
> I'm stumped!
>
> Thanks.

Why not just make your own shortcut?
Open the Yahoo Mail sign-in page, and copy the address. Right-click the
Desk-top; New; shortcut. Paste in the address; name it "Yahoo Mail", and
you're done.
--
If you like, drag it to Start Menu or Quicklaunch.

Seeking/Providing Assistance

OMG I love you! LMAO, I never thought of that. THANK YOU!

YAH, it worked!