Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > index.free returned

index.free returned

Nowhere

I rebooted. Deleted all index files which Easycleaner found... Then scanned
explorer for all index.dat files. It found 4 lots of index. cookies. 2 Admin
cookies, Travelmate cookies and one in my name. All are 16kb or 32kb in
size.
Can I just delete these and do I need all these settings. Only I use the pc?

Courtney Fanstone-Senderstock

Nowhere, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the intolerant, selfish hogfish, and
decorative stitcher, gabbled:

> I rebooted. Deleted all index files which Easycleaner found... Then
> scanned explorer for all index.dat files. It found 4 lots of index.
> cookies. 2 Admin cookies, Travelmate cookies and one in my name. All
> are 16kb or 32kb in size.
> Can I just delete these and do I need all these settings.

Yes, get rid of them. No, kill the setting too.

> Only I use the pc?

In that case, burn it as a peace offering to the PC God 64735.

old john

"Nowhere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d0nc37$qvs$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I rebooted. Deleted all index files which Easycleaner found...

snip
snip

re-read this..
google for `ccleaner` it will clean loadsa cr*p off
your computer.. but use it with care !!.. untick everything
to start with..as an experiment, check your temp internet
folder properties, then empty it, then close the folder,
and then do a property check..theres loads of hidden
stuff left in there..`ccleaner will shift it all..J

but your computer will rebuild them again..J

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Nowhere wrote:
> I rebooted. Deleted all index files which Easycleaner found... Then scanned
> explorer for all index.dat files. It found 4 lots of index. cookies. 2 Admin
> cookies, Travelmate cookies and one in my name. All are 16kb or 32kb in
> size.
> Can I just delete these and do I need all these settings. Only I use the pc?

The index files get recreated by Windose when you restart the system.

Plato

Nowhere wrote:

> I rebooted. Deleted all index files which Easycleaner found... Then scanned
> explorer for all index.dat files. It found 4 lots of index. cookies. 2 Admin
> cookies, Travelmate cookies and one in my name. All are 16kb or 32kb in
> size.
> Can I just delete these and do I need all these settings. Only I use the pc?

Small ones are recreated on the reboot. No need to worry.

I have returned! kpg MCSE 22 01-24-2006 01:59 PM
How to count the sponsored links returned from keyword search... Ravindra ASP .Net 2 12-17-2005 04:13 AM
The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized Vijayakrishna Pondala ASP .Net 2 08-22-2005 04:44 PM
A tool returned an error code from "Performing registration" error Wes Stebbins ASP .Net 1 07-15-2005 08:05 PM
Repost: Problem Retrieving DataSet Returned By A WebService Programatix ASP .Net 1 07-17-2003 01:47 PM

Advertisments