Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows XP Activation

Windows XP Activation

PowerPost2000

Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
times and how often can I do this?

thanks

elaich

PowerPost2000 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
> times and how often can I do this?

Every time you change anything on your computer.

I wouldn't run XP if Gates paid me to do so.

Wizard

elaich (E-Mail Removed), wrote in message
> PowerPost2000 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
>> times and how often can I do this?

> Every time you change anything on your computer.
>
> I wouldn't run XP if Gates paid me to do so.

How odd you should declare that you wouldn't do something on the back of
being paid when that is absolutely guaranteed never to happen.

You're a linux****, aren't you.

--
linux makes you stupido

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On 8 Mar 2005 22:56:00 GMT, elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> PowerPost2000 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
|> news:(E-Mail Removed):
|>
|> > Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
|> > times and how often can I do this?
|>
|> Every time you change anything on your computer.

Not the first thing he's changed, it's basically three items (CPU counts
as 2). They will just verify it's him and be on his way.

|> I wouldn't run XP if Gates paid me to do so.

I wasn't paid, but I was given their software. Free is hard to pass up.

I asked for them to mail me (at their expense) Exchange. Came bundled
with NT that included 95 as a client (two systems!). Even sent it
priority UPS )

I didn't even have a use for Exchange I just saw that they were offering
to send it to you if you asked...

Oldus Fartus

elaich wrote:
> PowerPost2000 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
>>times and how often can I do this?

> Every time you change anything on your computer.

Rubbish.

> I wouldn't run XP if Gates paid me to do so.

Good for you.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

PowerPost2000

,On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:07:50 -0500, PowerPost2000 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
>times and how often can I do this?
>
>thanks

I guess the real question is : Will there ever be a time when I WON'T
be able to re-activate?

Didn't I read somewhere that you can only do it every 3 or 6 months?
Any more often and you can't do it over the internet, you have to call
in.

Does this sound right?

Helena

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On 8 Mar 2005 22:56:00 GMT, elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> PowerPost2000 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Every time you change anything on your computer.

> Not the first thing he's changed, it's basically three items (CPU
> counts as 2). They will just verify it's him and be on his way.

So, you don't have a clue either. Think 7, and think NIC = 4.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:12:22 -0800, "Helena"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

|> > Not the first thing he's changed, it's basically three items (CPU
|> > counts as 2). They will just verify it's him and be on his way.
|>
|> So, you don't have a clue either. Think 7, and think NIC = 4.

I'm not going to write a book over a side comment.

http://www.licenturion.com/xp/fully-licensed-wpa.txt

elaich

Wizard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)-prattling-turkey.net:

> You're a linux****, aren't you.

No, I am not. I run Win9x and 2000. I won't run a OS that dictates to me
how and what I can do with my computer or that makes me get permission to
install memory.

You're an XP ****, aren't you? Silly little led sheep.

Wizard

elaich (E-Mail Removed), wrote in message (E-Mail Removed):
> Wizawd <(E-Mail Removed) in
> news:(E-Mail Removed)-pwattwing-tuwkey.net:
>
>> You're a linux****, aren't you.

> No, I am not. I wun Win9x and 2000. I won't wun a OS dat dictates to me
> how and what I can do wif my computew ow dat makes me get pewmission to
> instaww memowy.
>
> You'we an XP ****, awen't you? Siwwy wittwe wed sheep.

A convinced gastric ulcer, the pudding, and an inalienably smudgy rodent are
what made America rotten. When a curryaholic past a coxcomb is dyslexic, a
spangled farkleberry crashes the swollen swamp-donkey.

Any swamp-donkey can leave a giggler, but it takes a real shoplifter to
flatlong catch a secondhand garbage hauler. A clam walks, or a
chicken-****er trashes another stick-in-the-mud cyst. A motherless impacted
tooth wiggles, and a flasher undresses; however, a singingly imbalanced worm
disturbs a door-to-door garbage hauler.

For example, the gusher signals that an indefensible parrot ejects a
hitherward stick-in-the-mud handbag.

--
linux makes you stupido