Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > FAT32 Filesystem

FAT32 Filesystem

knight1fox3

I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I could view some sample VHDL code for the FAT32 filesystem. I am currently attempting to interface an IDE hard drive with an Altera UP2 board. However, I do not have any code pertaining to the FAT32 filesystem. Thanks!

john jakson

"knight1fox3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) alkaboutprogramming.com>...
> I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I could view some sample VHDL code for the FAT32 filesystem. I am currently attempting to interface an IDE hard drive with an Altera UP2 board. However, I do not have any code pertaining to the FAT32 filesystem. Thanks!

This would probably be a first if you can find such code. File systems
are usually written in C, maybe some Asm to run in host cpu as part of
the OS driver level. If your FPGA has an embedded cpu then you can
program a Fat32 or any filesystem layer. The cpu though will talk to
the HD through IDE interface, you need docs on that HW interface which
could be built in VHDL. Perhaps opencores.org has an IDE interface.
Perhaps you could look at Linux sources to help out on the OS sources,
but its probably alot of code to plow through.

johnjaksonATusaDOTcom