Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > system restore off

system restore off

hunty1

My system restore has been turned off my group policy.
And I can't find the systemrestore tab.
Can anybody help?
Thanks

cluedweasel

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 21:50:38 -0600, "hunty1" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My system restore has been turned off my group policy.
>And I can't find the systemrestore tab.
>Can anybody help?
>Thanks

On the desktop right click on the My Computer icon and select
properties. You should be able to see the System Restore tab from
there.

Gray Ghost

Quite true that you should be able to get to it, however the next time
that you sync up with the domain most likely the policy will be run and
it will remove the tab again :-\

cluedweasel wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 21:50:38 -0600, "hunty1" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>My system restore has been turned off my group policy.
>>And I can't find the systemrestore tab.
>>Can anybody help?
>>Thanks
>>

> On the desktop right click on the My Computer icon and select
> properties. You should be able to see the System Restore tab from
> there.

I want you to really explore the space...

Spider

You can click Start / Run and type in gpedit.msc and run that. Follow this
path. Under Local Computer Policy / Computer Configureation /
Administrative Templates / System / System Restore. Turn it off and on
there.

--

Spider

http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/