Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firefox update?

Firefox update?

bod

Update is listed but when I try to install
via the browser, just displays updating for ages but nothing
happens.

Buffalo

If you are talking about the 'upgrade' to Firefox, I think you have to uninstall
Firefox first and then install the new version of the browser which is 1.0.1.
If you are talking about another update, then disregard the above.

"bod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GGEWd.424$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Update is listed but when I try to install
> via the browser, just displays updating for ages but nothing
> happens.

°Mike°

Duh! You cannot install it whilst you have the
browser open; it needs to overwrite files. Also,
it's usually a good idea to uninstall the old version
before installing the new -- sometimes it is required.

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:43:50 GMT, in
<GGEWd.424$(E-Mail Removed)>
bod scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Gordon

bod wrote:
|| Update is listed but when I try to install
|| via the browser, just displays updating for ages but nothing
|| happens.

The UK update is not operational yet.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Wizard

Wizard

Gordon (E-Mail Removed)lid, wrote in message
(E-Mail Removed):

Old Gringo

bod wrote:
> Update is listed but when I try to install
> via the browser, just displays updating for ages but nothing
> happens.

Get the latest version of FireFox here:
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/index.html
It will in stall over your existing version. After the install your
update should work better as I found this to be true. Up dates
extensions and themes but not the browser itself. Good Luck

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Chun Bin Wang

Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the schizophrenic,
stingless throat scraping, and hoarder of the domestic refuse of others,
declared:

> bod wrote:
>> Update is listed but when I try to install
>> via the browser, just displays updating for ages but nothing
>> happens.
>>

> Get the latest version of FireFox here:
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/index.html
> It will in stall over your existing version. After the install your
> update should work better as I found this to be true. Up dates
> extensions and themes but not the browser itself. Good Luck

Why do you keep promoting that ****? You only do it because
some other ****ing idiot in 24whoresstitchup.****chopshop
suggested it was OK.

Old Gringo

Chun Bin Wang wrote:
> Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the schizophrenic,
> stingless throat scraping, and hoarder of the domestic refuse of others,
> declared:
>

>>bod wrote:
>>
>>>Update is listed but when I try to install
>>>via the browser, just displays updating for ages but nothing
>>>happens.
>>>

>>Get the latest version of FireFox here:
>>http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/index.html
>>It will in stall over your existing version. After the install your
>>update should work better as I found this to be true. Up dates
>>extensions and themes but not the browser itself. Good Luck

> Why do you keep promoting that ****? You only do it because
> some other ****ing idiot in 24whoresstitchup.****chopshop
> suggested it was OK.

Good Morning Chun Bin Wang, This post will self destruct in 10 sec.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Kikaku Satake

Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the elderly,
double-barrelled fish, and pit brow lass, trickled:

> Chun Bin Wang wrote:
>> Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the schizophrenic,
>> stingless throat scraping, and hoarder of the domestic refuse of
>> others, declared:

>>> Get the latest version of FireFox here:
>>> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/index.html
>>> It will in stall over your existing version. After the install your
>>> update should work better as I found this to be true. Up dates
>>> extensions and themes but not the browser itself. Good Luck

>> Why do you keep promoting that ****? You only do it because
>> some other ****ing idiot in 24whoresstitchup.****chopshop
>> suggested it was OK.
>>

> Good Morning Chun Bin Wang, This post will self destruct in 10 sec.

So my colleague he was right then about you?