Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > trojan help needed please

trojan help needed please

SCOTT

I have a trojan that I cannot get rid of. AVG tells me about it and I say
to delete it but it keeps coming back. My homepage keeps resetting and my
ISP connect button will not hold my name nor number. Is this all the same
thing? I have spydoctor for spyware and AVG for bugs. THANKS for ANY
ideas. Kim

Gray Ghost

Hey Kim,

Interesting that your name in your proffy is Scott... nonetheless.

One thing to do is to go and download the Cleaner from MooSoft. It's a
Trojan cleaner, decent program.

http://www.moosoft.com

Cheers,
-gg-

SCOTT wrote:
> I have a trojan that I cannot get rid of. AVG tells me about it and I say
> to delete it but it keeps coming back. My homepage keeps resetting and my
> ISP connect button will not hold my name nor number. Is this all the same
> thing? I have spydoctor for spyware and AVG for bugs. THANKS for ANY
> ideas. Kim

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

SCOTT wrote:
> I have a trojan that I cannot get rid of. AVG tells me about it and I say
> to delete it but it keeps coming back. My homepage keeps resetting and my
> ISP connect button will not hold my name nor number. Is this all the same
> thing? I have spydoctor for spyware and AVG for bugs. THANKS for ANY
> ideas. Kim

Wouldn't care to divulge the name of the trojan, wouldja?

Ray

Have you tried looking on Symantec's website? Alot of times they have
programs that you can download that will clean those specific trojan's.

SCOTT wrote:
> I have a trojan that I cannot get rid of. AVG tells me about it and I say
> to delete it but it keeps coming back. My homepage keeps resetting and my
> ISP connect button will not hold my name nor number. Is this all the same
> thing? I have spydoctor for spyware and AVG for bugs. THANKS for ANY
> ideas. Kim

SgtMinor

SCOTT wrote:
> I have a trojan that I cannot get rid of. AVG tells me about it and I say
> to delete it but it keeps coming back. My homepage keeps resetting and my
> ISP connect button will not hold my name nor number. Is this all the same
> thing? I have spydoctor for spyware and AVG for bugs. THANKS for ANY
> ideas. Kim

Scott/Kim

You could search here: http://www.trojancondoms.com/

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

SgtMinor wrote:
> SCOTT wrote:
>
>> I have a trojan that I cannot get rid of. AVG tells me about it and I
>> say
>> to delete it but it keeps coming back. My homepage keeps resetting
>> and my
>> ISP connect button will not hold my name nor number. Is this all the
>> same
>> thing? I have spydoctor for spyware and AVG for bugs. THANKS for ANY
>> ideas. Kim
>>

> Scott/Kim
>
> You could search here: http://www.trojancondoms.com/

Man, I haven't played an organ that good since I was in a garage band
back in the ... long time ago.

Vanguard

"SCOTT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8RtWd.2989$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>I have a trojan that I cannot get rid of. AVG tells me about it and I
>say
> to delete it but it keeps coming back. My homepage keeps resetting
> and my
> ISP connect button will not hold my name nor number. Is this all the
> same
> thing? I have spydoctor for spyware and AVG for bugs. THANKS for ANY
> ideas. Kim

Get a better program rather than rely on a rip-off version of Ad-Aware.
SpyDoctor is a knock-off. SpyWARE Doctor is not.

Read http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm.

Jerry G.

Disable the system restore, and re-start the computer in safe mode. Use any
of the good spycleaner software's, and re-clean the system.

After doing the cleanup, it will not hurt to do a virus scan.

When finished, re-start the computer, and then you can turn the system
restore back on again.

I have had very good results with Spybot Search And Destroy, Adaware, and
CWshredder. The Yahoo Tool Bar spyware cleaner is also very good.

It is best to have a number of these software's around. I found that some
will clean things that the other do not.

--

Jerry G.
======

Rgr wrote:
> SgtMinor wrote:
>> SCOTT wrote:
>>
>>> I have a trojan that I cannot get rid of. AVG tells me about it and I
>>> say
>>> to delete it but it keeps coming back. My homepage keeps resetting
>>> and my
>>> ISP connect button will not hold my name nor number. Is this all the
>>> same
>>> thing? I have spydoctor for spyware and AVG for bugs. THANKS for ANY
>>> ideas. Kim
>>>

>> Scott/Kim
>>
>> You could search here: http://www.trojancondoms.com/

> Man, I haven't played an organ that good since I was in a garage band
> back in the ... long time ago.

The music could have benefited from a bit of Barry White, MHRIP. But I
look forward to a Test Drive of the free Trojan sample I sent away for.

--
"I just hope I can get rid of it."

Mike

First of all, get rid of Spydoctor, it is a bogus tool.

Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
have the latest version of removal tools:

Spybot Search & Destroy
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...2cleaner.shtml
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Spyware Blaster

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
Now maintained by InterMute
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract..._download.html
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

************************************************** **************

If all of the above do not help, install HijackThis and post
the contents of your saved log here.

HijackThis
http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip