Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Laptop keyboard problem.

Laptop keyboard problem.

Fred

On a Dell inspiron laptop the letter 't' just about needs to be struck with
a hammer. Have cleaned out around keys as much as possible by removing
plastic letters and blowing gently with an air hose. No improvement. Any
suggestions?

Brian

I have a dell inspiron. I had a whole row of keys (2wsx) go out on me a year
after buying. I had dell send me a replacement keyboard and all has been
good. I hope you have a warranty, otherwise hit up ebay!

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On a Dell inspiron laptop the letter 't' just about needs to be struck
> with a hammer. Have cleaned out around keys as much as possible by
> removing plastic letters and blowing gently with an air hose. No
> improvement. Any suggestions?

Jerry G.

The fix is to change the keyboard on these. They do not support
servicing the keyboard. Some of these are riveted together, and are not
even able to be take apart.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On a Dell inspiron laptop the letter 't' just about needs to be struck
with
a hammer. Have cleaned out around keys as much as possible by removing
plastic letters and blowing gently with an air hose. No improvement. Any
suggestions?

Molecule