Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > microsoft upgrade

microsoft upgrade

Michael Myhill

I have purchased windows me software,but cannot
remove windows 98. any suggestions?

Gordon

Michael Myhill wrote:
> I have purchased windows me software,but cannot
> remove windows 98. any suggestions?

Why in God's name, did you go for ME? That's the *WORST* version of
Windows *EVER*. Why didn't you go for either W2K or XP?

Donald

install upgrade on top of 98
"Michael Myhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6f6Wd.414$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have purchased windows me software,but cannot
> remove windows 98. any suggestions?

Miss Perspicacia Tick

Michael Myhill wrote:
> I have purchased windows me software,but cannot
> remove windows 98. any suggestions?

Yes. Return ME from whence it came and, if your computer is up to it (see
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/h.../sysreqs.mspx), purchase
XP Home. Windows ME retails upgrade retails for around Ģ55 (where it's still
sold). For an extra tenner you can purchase XP Home and enjoy a far more
stable computing experience (I've not had to reinstall in 18 months - you
can't say that about 9x/ME!). I'm afraid the idea that 'ME' stood for
'Millennium Edition' was just marketing on MS's part - what it actually
stood for was 'Major Error' - it was the biggest load of cack MS ever
released - and Gates has even admitted that himself.

Please bear in mind that the minimum specs are exactly that - the bare
minimum that to install XP. For a more pleasant computing experience, I
would recommend: -

Late P3 (and by that I mean 1.4GHz or so)
512MB RAM
At least a 40GB hard disc
Decent graphics card (*NOT* on board, unless all you're using it for is
office-type tasks)

Do yourself a favour - do *NOT* attempt to install ME - you'll make yourself
ill!

on salads.

Wizard

**** off you mad slut

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zz6Wd.92$(E-Mail Removed)-media.phx
> Michael Myhill wrote:
>> I have purchased windows me software,but cannot
>> remove windows 98. any suggestions?

> Yes. Return ME from whence it came and, if your computer is up to it
> (see
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/h.../sysreqs.mspx),
> purchase XP Home. Windows ME retails upgrade retails for around Ģ55
> (where it's still sold). For an extra tenner you can purchase XP Home
> and enjoy a far more stable computing experience (I've not had to
> reinstall in 18 months - you can't say that about 9x/ME!). I'm afraid
> the idea that 'ME' stood for 'Millennium Edition' was just marketing
> on MS's part - what it actually stood for was 'Major Error' - it was
> the biggest load of cack MS ever released - and Gates has even
> admitted that himself.
> Please bear in mind that the minimum specs are exactly that - the bare
> minimum that to install XP. For a more pleasant computing experience,
> I would recommend: -
>
> Late P3 (and by that I mean 1.4GHz or so)
> 512MB RAM
> At least a 40GB hard disc
> Decent graphics card (*NOT* on board, unless all you're using it for
> is office-type tasks)
>
> Do yourself a favour - do *NOT* attempt to install ME - you'll make
> yourself ill!

DC

Michael Myhill wrote:
> I have purchased windows me software,but cannot
> remove windows 98. any suggestions?

Purchased, as in "I paid real dollars"? Why?! ME is the biggest POS
ever.

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com

Dataspider

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:33:22 GMT, "Michael Myhill"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have purchased windows me software,but cannot
>remove windows 98. any suggestions?

Yes, i agree to all the others, Me sucks = keep 98 or bye XP.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> I have purchased windows me software,but cannot
|> remove windows 98. any suggestions?

Fighting the tide, I'll say Dual boot.

Boot up into Win98 insert the ME CD and say no to upgrade, yes to fresh
install.

Or

Use your Win98 boot disk
(to create)
Control Panel > add remove programs > startup disk (create)

Boot up with the floppy and format Win98 away, then install ME.

Flying Rat

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, says...
> Boot up with the floppy and format Win98 away, then install ME.

unless it's one of those ME versions that won't let you do that! Some
require 98 to be there or they won't install (not without difficulty
anyway).

M$ sold upgrades for less than the cost of full install versions. A POS
nonetheless.

FR

Dataspider

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:43:46 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:33:22 GMT, "Michael Myhill"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>|> I have purchased windows me software,but cannot
>|> remove windows 98. any suggestions?
>|>

>Fighting the tide, I'll say Dual boot.
>
>Boot up into Win98 insert the ME CD and say no to upgrade, yes to fresh
>install.
>
>Or
>
>Use your Win98 boot disk
> (to create)
>Control Panel > add remove programs > startup disk (create)
>
>Boot up with the floppy and format Win98 away, then install ME.

Donīt do it. Me is Crap...