Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > At the risk of being abused myself....

At the risk of being abused myself....

Blinky the Shark

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

> What does TINT stand for - I used to know I feel sure...

Probably (no context provided) "there is no they". There's a fetish
in this group about there being no...uh...group. That leads to one
being shouted down for saying something realistic like "If you provided
more information, we could probably be more help". From that fetish
comes the group's (of course there's no group) informal requirement
that if one does refer to the group (which does not acknowledge its own
existence) with, say "we" or "us", the reference to the nonexistent
group that has this fetish must be followed by [tinw] or [tinu]. So
the group that doesn't exist isn't offended.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

bambam@nospam.tnx

On 3 Mar 2005 18:46:15 GMT, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>
>> What does TINT stand for - I used to know I feel sure...

>Probably (no context provided) "there is no they". There's a fetish
>in this group about there being no...uh...group. That leads to one
>being shouted down for saying something realistic like "If you provided
>more information, we could probably be more help". From that fetish
>comes the group's (of course there's no group) informal requirement
>that if one does refer to the group (which does not acknowledge its own
>existence) with, say "we" or "us", the reference to the nonexistent
>group that has this fetish must be followed by [tinw] or [tinu]. So
>the group that doesn't exist isn't offended.

There is no cabal, either.

Ken

Blinky the Shark

> On 3 Mar 2005 18:46:15 GMT, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

>>Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>>> What does TINT stand for - I used to know I feel sure...

>>Probably (no context provided) "there is no they". There's a fetish
>>in this group about there being no...uh...group. That leads to one
>>being shouted down for saying something realistic like "If you provided
>>more information, we could probably be more help". From that fetish
>>comes the group's (of course there's no group) informal requirement
>>that if one does refer to the group (which does not acknowledge its own
>>existence) with, say "we" or "us", the reference to the nonexistent
>>group that has this fetish must be followed by [tinw] or [tinu]. So
>>the group that doesn't exist isn't offended.

> There is no cabal, either.

And tinb[linky].

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>

>>What does TINT stand for - I used to know I feel sure...

> Probably (no context provided) "there is no they". There's a fetish
> in this group about there being no...uh...group. That leads to one
> being shouted down for saying something realistic like "If you provided
> more information, we could probably be more help". From that fetish
> comes the group's (of course there's no group) informal requirement
> that if one does refer to the group (which does not acknowledge its own
> existence) with, say "we" or "us", the reference to the nonexistent
> group that has this fetish must be followed by [tinw] or [tinu]. So
> the group that doesn't exist isn't offended.

Which of course grew out of the fetish some people have for saying
things like "We don't like posts that ain't in plain 'merican", or "We
don't know what the hell you talking bout", etc. Many erroneously
conclude that since they feel a certain way then surely everyone else
does too. Not that I'm a big believer in inserting TINT or TINU all the
time, but I don't particularly care for some dumbass speaking for me
whether I want him to or not.

Old Gringo

Tivadar Tsimicalis wrote:
> Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the furred, close-minded
> snipe, and door keeper, whinged:
>

>>Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>>
>>>What does TINT stand for - I used to know I feel sure...
>>>
>>>I feel like a complete dumb f*ck.

>>TINT is what ugly women do to their hair.

> ****!! You are old, aren't you?

Very.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Blinky the Shark

Rgr wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>>>What does TINT stand for - I used to know I feel sure...

>> Probably (no context provided) "there is no they". There's a fetish
>> in this group about there being no...uh...group. That leads to one
>> being shouted down for saying something realistic like "If you provided
>> more information, we could probably be more help". From that fetish
>> comes the group's (of course there's no group) informal requirement
>> that if one does refer to the group (which does not acknowledge its own
>> existence) with, say "we" or "us", the reference to the nonexistent
>> group that has this fetish must be followed by [tinw] or [tinu]. So
>> the group that doesn't exist isn't offended.

> Which of course grew out of the fetish some people have for saying
> things like "We don't like posts that ain't in plain 'merican", or "We
> don't know what the hell you talking bout", etc. Many erroneously
> conclude that since they feel a certain way then surely everyone else

[tint]

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

Philoctetes Zikosimou

Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the openmouthed,
poverty-stricken hypochondriac, and prosthetist, gnarred:

> Tivadar Tsimicalis wrote:
>> Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the furred,
>> close-minded snipe, and door keeper, whinged:

>>> TINT is what ugly women do to their hair.

>> ****!! You are old, aren't you?
>>

> Very.

If you were chopped in half, horizontally, (that's referring to your usual
posture throughout each day), how many rings would you have?

Old Gringo

Philoctetes Zikosimou wrote:
> Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the openmouthed,
> poverty-stricken hypochondriac, and prosthetist, gnarred:
>

>>Tivadar Tsimicalis wrote:
>>
>>>Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the furred,
>>>close-minded snipe, and door keeper, whinged:

>>>****!! You are old, aren't you?
>>>

>>Very.

> If you were chopped in half, horizontally, (that's referring to your usual
> posture throughout each day), how many rings would you have?

About 84 if you count the little ones in the middle.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Polydamas Bourikasanis

Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the chiffon, hooved shop
assistant, and maker of muffins, proscribed:

> Philoctetes Zikosimou wrote:
>> Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the openmouthed,
>> poverty-stricken hypochondriac, and prosthetist, gnarred:

>>> Very.

>> If you were chopped in half, horizontally, (that's referring to your
>> usual posture throughout each day), how many rings would you have?
>>

> About 84 if you count the little ones in the middle.

Spring chicken!

Old Gringo

Polydamas Bourikasanis wrote:
> Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the chiffon, hooved shop
> assistant, and maker of muffins, proscribed:
>

>>Philoctetes Zikosimou wrote:
>>
>>>Old Gringo, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the openmouthed,
>>>poverty-stricken hypochondriac, and prosthetist, gnarred:

>>>If you were chopped in half, horizontally, (that's referring to your
>>>usual posture throughout each day), how many rings would you have?
>>>

>>About 84 if you count the little ones in the middle.

> Spring chicken!

It's been fun so far