Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > driver for epson stylus color 300 win xp

driver for epson stylus color 300 win xp

Jo King

Where can I find a driver for my epson stylus color 3oo to get it to work on
windows xp.

maurice

Download from Epson.

I have a 200 that works fine on XP. Probably same driver.

--
Maurice <(E-Mail Removed)>
South Bucks.. UK
"Jo King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d05f9v$eur$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where can I find a driver for my epson stylus color 3oo to get it to work
> on windows xp.

Miss Perspicacia Tick

maurice wrote:
> Download from Epson.

Check your facts before posting, dickwad. Epson stopped supporting the 300
more than four years ago. There is no XP driver, nor is there a 2000 driver
(which is the only other driver that will work under XP). The last driver
was for ME and you cannot, I repeat *CANNOT* use 9x/ME drivers under XP.

> I have a 200 that works fine on XP. Probably same driver.

No it isn't. You are using the native driver - which is just enough to get
the printer to print. I have a 900 and it's the same situation. It works
fine - I use it to print basic stuff (text mainly) as it still produces
razor sharp print.

I repeat - the only driver is the native one - there is *NO*
manufacturer-supplied driver for any printer in the Stylus Color series as
it's now defunct.

>> Where can I find a driver for my epson stylus color 3oo to get it to
>> work on windows xp.

on salads.

mirex mirex is offline
Junior Member

Yep that's right. I have Stylus Color 300 and I'm searching whole internet and I can't find any driver for it.

I have tried to install Stylus Color 200 drivers, they work but not completely. It prints everything in dark blue color, even if I try to print colorful picture. Can be used if you need to print text only.

mirex mirex is offline
Junior Member

Hi

Luckily after some googling I found hack which comes over this problem and as a result you get working Stylus Color 300 printer in your WinXP which works very well. You need some basic tech PC knowledge to install it. It can be found here:

http://members.driverguide.com/drive...riverid=139715

-------------- some words from the instalation documentation -------------
If you are reading this you probably already know that Epson has not released (nor intents on releasing) Windows XP-compatible drivers for their Stylus Color 300. Unfortunately the Windows NT 4.0 drivers floating around the Net will not install under XP (they did under Windows 2000), which left me, and lots of other users, in a bit of a loss. But never one to give up at first hurdle I pressed on...

After a lot of trial, error and hacking I was finally able to get the Epson Stylus COLOR 300 to work under Windows XP. I then spent a few hours trying to simplify the procedure in hopes that other users of this printer might get it to work too.