Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PC Freezing

PC Freezing

stu

Since the last couple of days my computer just keeps freezing, worked
perfect before, ie the last 2 months, i have gone back to a resore point
before the problem arrised I am running windows XP Pro, service pack
2.Thanks for your help

!~!

"stu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4225b6ee$0$44099$(E-Mail Removed) i.nl...
> Since the last couple of days my computer just keeps freezing,

It's because temperature dropped below 0C in the Netherlands. Keep your PC
in a well-heated room, you ****.

samuel

"stu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4225b6ee$0$44099$(E-Mail Removed) i.nl:

> Since the last couple of days my computer just keeps freezing,
> worked perfect before, ie the last 2 months, i have gone back
> to a resore point before the problem arrised I am running
> windows XP Pro, service pack 2.Thanks for your help

beside going back on your restore point
what else have you done ?
any error messages ?
when does it freeze ?

please read http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

elaich

"stu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:4225b6ee$0$44099$5fc3050
@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl:

> Since the last couple of days my computer just keeps freezing, worked
> perfect before, ie the last 2 months, i have gone back to a resore point
> before the problem arrised I am running windows XP Pro, service pack
> 2.Thanks for your help

Three things come to mind:

1. Software conflict. What did you install right before the problem began?

2. Power supply acting up.

3. Memory failing.