Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows XP Pro equal $499.00 CAD in Canada

Reply
Thread Tools

Windows XP Pro equal $499.00 CAD in Canada

 
 
Michel Derome
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2005
I wanted to buy an OS for my second Computer I am building well let me tell
you that it will be Linux not a free version but not a Four Hundred Canadian
Dollars OS.

I know it is out subject but just in case someone was thinking of having a
legit OS in their newly build Computer. grrrrrrrrrrrr

Michel



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Joe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2005
I do not understand. I just checked and the current conversion rate is
1 US Dollar = 1.24120 Canadian Dollar

XP pro on Newegg 137 dollars

137 US Dollar = 170.044 Canadian Dollar

Where do you get your figures?

Joe


"Michel Derome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vu9Vd.61240$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I wanted to buy an OS for my second Computer I am building well let me tell
> you that it will be Linux not a free version but not a Four Hundred
> Canadian
> Dollars OS.
>
> I know it is out subject but just in case someone was thinking of having a
> legit OS in their newly build Computer. grrrrrrrrrrrr
>
> Michel
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2005
Michel Derome wrote:
> I wanted to buy an OS for my second Computer I am building well let me tell
> you that it will be Linux not a free version but not a Four Hundred Canadian
> Dollars OS.
>
> I know it is out subject but just in case someone was thinking of having a
> legit OS in their newly build Computer. grrrrrrrrrrrr
>
> Michel


Not sure how you'd spend that much. But even if you go with Linux, why
not a free one? You can download (as is true of many other flavors)
Fedora directly from Redhat.
 
Reply With Quote
 
cluedweasel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2005
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:25:33 -0500, "Michel Derome"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I wanted to buy an OS for my second Computer I am building well let me tell
>you that it will be Linux not a free version but not a Four Hundred Canadian
>Dollars OS.
>
>I know it is out subject but just in case someone was thinking of having a
>legit OS in their newly build Computer. grrrrrrrrrrrr
>

It's $215.99 at Tigerdirect.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...5900&CatId=672

Windows XP Home OEM is $134.99 from there. I'm sure there's cheaper
about.

BTW, if you are planning to put Linux on your new PC, pick your parts
carefully. Some can be a pig to get working to their full potential in
Linux. Video cards are one example. The support for Nvidia cards is
well head of that for ATI cards.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Michel Derome
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2005
I am posting the link for the one that think I am lost

http://www.microsoft.com/canada/pric...3&button1.y=11

This price came directly from Microsoft Canada.


"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AC9Vd.2724$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I do not understand. I just checked and the current conversion rate is
> 1 US Dollar = 1.24120 Canadian Dollar
>
> XP pro on Newegg 137 dollars
>
> 137 US Dollar = 170.044 Canadian Dollar
>
> Where do you get your figures?
>
> Joe
>
>
> "Michel Derome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:vu9Vd.61240$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> >I wanted to buy an OS for my second Computer I am building well let me

tell
> > you that it will be Linux not a free version but not a Four Hundred
> > Canadian
> > Dollars OS.
> >
> > I know it is out subject but just in case someone was thinking of having

a
> > legit OS in their newly build Computer. grrrrrrrrrrrr
> >
> > Michel
> >
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Elwood P. Dowd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2005
"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in news:AC9Vd.2724$(E-Mail Removed):

> I do not understand. I just checked and the current conversion rate is
> 1 US Dollar = 1.24120 Canadian Dollar
>
> XP pro on Newegg 137 dollars
>
> 137 US Dollar = 170.044 Canadian Dollar
>
> Where do you get your figures?
>
> Joe


He probably pulled the figure from thin air.

Elwood P. Dowd

> "Michel Derome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:vu9Vd.61240$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>I wanted to buy an OS for my second Computer I am building well let me
>>tell
>> you that it will be Linux not a free version but not a Four Hundred
>> Canadian
>> Dollars OS.
>>
>> I know it is out subject but just in case someone was thinking of
>> having a legit OS in their newly build Computer. grrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>> Michel
>>
>>
>>

>
>
>


_________________________________________
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
 
Reply With Quote
 
Michel Derome
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2005
Roger thank you,

I admit I am new at this and if it wasn't of my SB Audigy 2 Platinium even
that machine would have drop XP grrrrr. Will check your suggestion

Thank you
Michel
"Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Michel Derome wrote:
> > I wanted to buy an OS for my second Computer I am building well let me

tell
> > you that it will be Linux not a free version but not a Four Hundred

Canadian
> > Dollars OS.
> >
> > I know it is out subject but just in case someone was thinking of having

a
> > legit OS in their newly build Computer. grrrrrrrrrrrr
> >
> > Michel

>
> Not sure how you'd spend that much. But even if you go with Linux, why
> not a free one? You can download (as is true of many other flavors)
> Fedora directly from Redhat.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Michel Derome
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2005
"cluedweasel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1109732032.f66bacca0efc8c8896b4f095da2f7c58@t eranews...
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:25:33 -0500, "Michel Derome"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Windows XP Home OEM is $134.99 from there. I'm sure there's cheaper

> about.
>
> BTW, if you are planning to put Linux on your new PC, pick your parts
> carefully. Some can be a pig to get working to their full potential in
> Linux. Video cards are one example. The support for Nvidia cards is
> well head of that for ATI cards.> It's $215.99 at Tigerdirect.
>
>

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...5900&CatId=672
>
> Windows XP Home OEM is $134.99 from there. I'm sure there's cheaper
> about.


$499.00 CAD is the Official Retail Price from Microsoft Canada Website.

Here the link

http://www.microsoft.com/canada/pric...3&button1.y=11

I know it sound irreal but it is the price that Microsoft want not wonder
why there is so many illegal copy on the market and that it is so hard to
build you own computer and staying legal.

Let me tell you it was a choc for me.

Michel

Snip


 
Reply With Quote
 
Michel Derome
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2005
Nope waite for the propagation of the reply as you would have see instead of
insulting me.

This is news net even if I or you are broadband .
"Elwood P. Dowd" <elwood@bigrabbit.0rg> wrote in message
news:Xns960CE35BE49FFsixfootthreeandahalf@218.191. 67.181...
> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in news:AC9Vd.2724$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I do not understand. I just checked and the current conversion rate is
> > 1 US Dollar = 1.24120 Canadian Dollar
> >
> > XP pro on Newegg 137 dollars
> >
> > 137 US Dollar = 170.044 Canadian Dollar
> >
> > Where do you get your figures?
> >
> > Joe

>
> He probably pulled the figure from thin air.
>
> Elwood P. Dowd
>
> > "Michel Derome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:vu9Vd.61240$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> >>I wanted to buy an OS for my second Computer I am building well let me
> >>tell
> >> you that it will be Linux not a free version but not a Four Hundred
> >> Canadian
> >> Dollars OS.
> >>
> >> I know it is out subject but just in case someone was thinking of
> >> having a legit OS in their newly build Computer. grrrrrrrrrrrr
> >>
> >> Michel
> >>
> >>
> >>

> >
> >
> >

>
> _________________________________________
> Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
> More than 120,000 groups
> Unlimited download
> http://www.usenetzone.com to open account



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ralph W. Phillips
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2005
Howdy!

"Michel Derome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FPaVd.62131$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Nope waite for the propagation of the reply as you would have see instead

of
> insulting me.


Somehow, I have a minor problem with your subject. Since the web
site you pointed to says 298 CAN instead of 499 CAN.

Plus, that's the volume licensing with an upgrade to the next
version.

Yah, it's overpriced. But it ain't 500 CAN.

RwP


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Sharing: Equal upload speeds but un-equal download speeds =?Utf-8?B?TkpU?= Wireless Networking 3 09-15-2007 06:22 AM
xp pro blue screens with message "driver not less than or equal to =?Utf-8?B?YWhqdDY1?= Windows 64bit 2 09-04-2007 01:53 PM
New Dells with XP Pro x64 for CAD Tom Del Rosso Windows 64bit 9 08-10-2005 04:43 PM



Advertisments