Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win2K: Which service pack do I have

Win2K: Which service pack do I have

baaa

I right clicked on my computer, then Properties. I does not say which
version (labelled as Microsoft Windows 2000, 5.00.2195 but no mention of
service pack. Does that by default mean service pack 1? Thanks.

baaa

tried run, winver, but does not say which service pack
Just version 5.0, (build 2195)

"Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> baaa wrote:
>
> > I right clicked on my computer, then Properties. I does not say which
> > version (labelled as Microsoft Windows 2000, 5.00.2195 but no mention of
> > service pack. Does that by default mean service pack 1? Thanks.
> >

> To be sure, go to Start --> Run. Type Winver and then
> OK. A dialog box should open up with the information,
> e.g., Version 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 4).

Pikan

By default it means there is No servicepack installed.

Try downloading and running service pack 4

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...p4/default.asp

if it still doesnt show up then at least you will know what service
pack you now have.

If you watch closely it also says it at the top of the screen during
boot (on the blue screen)

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:11:11 -0500, "baaa" <fdd$@yahoo.com> wrote:

|> I right clicked on my computer, then Properties. I does not say which
|> version (labelled as Microsoft Windows 2000, 5.00.2195 but no mention of
|> service pack. Does that by default mean service pack 1? Thanks.

Yes I'm pretty, I've deleted W2K but under the ver number you should
have: service pack #

Don't take the chance grab the latest service pack, as W2K didn't really
hold it's own until #4

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:34:07 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

|> Don't take the chance grab the latest service pack, as W2K didn't really
|> hold it's own until #4

Oh Ya,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];sp&
OR
http://tinyurl.com/2seu6 cause the above link don't seem to work on some
browsers.

Ghostrider

baaa wrote:

> I right clicked on my computer, then Properties. I does not say which
> version (labelled as Microsoft Windows 2000, 5.00.2195 but no mention of
> service pack. Does that by default mean service pack 1? Thanks.

To be sure, go to Start --> Run. Type Winver and then
OK. A dialog box should open up with the information,
e.g., Version 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 4).

elaich

"baaa" <fdd$@yahoo.com> wrote in news:9l7Vd.8397$RM2.7302
@read1.cgocable.net:

> tried run, winver, but does not say which service pack
> Just version 5.0, (build 2195)

Then you don't have SP4 or any other. Mine says the same as your's and adds
"Service Pack 4" after.

Get SP4 ASAP as unpatched W2K is full of bugs and vulnerabilities.

BTW, the easiest way to get your version info is to click Help in Windows
Explorer and open About Windows.