Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Max Download speed?

Max Download speed?

BIGEYE

ADSL 512 k
What is the max download speed?
TIA

John

BIGEYE wrote:
> ADSL 512 k
> What is the max download speed?
> TIA

The answer is in the question.

Nu vind ik je een ego´stische slappe teringslet

John, <no@email>, the heaped-up, stay-at-home flesh wound, and debt
collector, asserted:

> BIGEYE wrote:
>> ADSL 512 k
>> What is the max download speed?
>> TIA
>>

> The answer is in the question.

Is it really, you ****head? Why don't you ****in' well explain
to him then how you derive at that ****ed up conclusion, you
dizzy macaroon.

Col

512 Kbits per sec / 8 = 64 Kbytes per sec

"BIGEYE" <address@is[invalid].ok> wrote in message
news:42249e3b$0$32602$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ADSL 512 k
> What is the max download speed?
> TIA

Ralph W. Phillips

Howdy!

"BIGEYE" <address@is[invalid].ok> wrote in message
news:42249e3b$0$32602$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ADSL 512 k
> What is the max download speed?

Approximatly 50 KBytes/second.

You get that by dividing the 512Kbit by 10. Yah, bytes are 8 bits,
but there's also overhead ... so the /10 works pretty darn good for a "rule
of thumb".

Of course, "Actual throughput depends on several variables. Your
mileage may vary. Batteries not included."

RwP

Miss Perspicacia Tick

Nu vind ik je een ego´stische slappe teringslet wrote:
> John, <no@email>, the heaped-up, stay-at-home flesh wound, and debt
> collector, asserted:
>
>> BIGEYE wrote:
>>> ADSL 512 k
>>> What is the max download speed?
>>> TIA
>>>

>> The answer is in the question.

Suggest you learn the difference between 'down/load/' and down/stream/',
dickwad.

512k is the down/stream/ speed. The down/load/ speed is around 50kbps
(allowing for overheads).

on salads.

127.0.0.1

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ya3Vd.2781$(E-Mail Removed)-media.phx...
> Nu vind ik je een ego´stische slappe teringslet wrote:
>> John, <no@email>, the heaped-up, stay-at-home flesh wound, and debt
>> collector, asserted:

>>> The answer is in the question.

> Suggest you learn the difference between 'down/load/' and down/stream/',
> dickwad.
>
> 512k is the down/stream/ speed. The down/load/ speed is around 50kbps
> (allowing for overheads).

overhead : error checking, bandwidth bottlenecks, corrupt packets,
collisions.

downstream bandwidth is synonymous with purchased download speed. actual
download speed is different from average download speed.

Kbps/KBps/Cps symantics...

-a|ex

Jij bent nu echt een gegaliseerde overgedoseerde kankertubbiekut

Miss Perspicacia Tick, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the leery, smoldering dick flogger,
and army deserter, chewed:

> Nu vind ik je een ego´stische slappe terangslet wrote:
>> John, <no@email>, the heaped-up, stay-at-home flesh wound, and debt
>> collector, asserted:

>>> The answer is in the question.

> Suggest yew learn thuh dif'nference 'atween 'down/load/' an'
> down/stream/', dickwad. *burp*
>
> 512k is thuh down/stream/ speed. *burp* The down/load/ speed is aroun'
> 50kbps (allowin' fer overheads).

And just what the ****ed are you telling me that for you dumb cunting bint,
eh?

Terence Bessel

Miss Perspicacia Tick, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the three-chinned, outright fluff,
and prostitute who solicits custom by knocking on doors, effused:

> Nu vind ik je een ego´stische slappe teringslet wrote:
>> John, <no@email>, the heaped-up, stay-at-home flesh wound, and debt
>> collector, asserted:

>>> The answer is in the question.

> Suggest you learn the difference between 'down/load/' and
> down/stream/', dickwad.
>
> 512k is the down/stream/ speed. The down/load/ speed is around 50kbps
> (allowing for overheads).

Get your ****ing facts straight if you're going to spout your shite, slag.

BIGEYE

"Ralph W. Phillips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Howdy!
>
> "BIGEYE" <address@is[invalid].ok> wrote in message
> news:42249e3b$0$32602$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ADSL 512 k
>> What is the max download speed?

> Approximatly 50 KBytes/second.
>
> You get that by dividing the 512Kbit by 10. Yah, bytes are 8 bits,
> but there's also overhead ... so the /10 works pretty darn good for a
> "rule
> of thumb".
>
> Of course, "Actual throughput depends on several variables. Your
> mileage may vary. Batteries not included."
>
> RwP

Thanks guys, thought it was about 59k. Sometimes I get download speeds
around 61k.

want max width and max height as long as not exceed 100px Summercool HTML 9 10-23-2007 02:27 AM
ADSL Max/Max Gordy NZ Computing 6 11-24-2006 11:41 PM
Textarea max rows and max characters per row Greg Ferris Javascript 2 01-16-2004 07:21 PM
Max Apperture and Max. Shutter Speed Confusion-HELP bhaskar Digital Photography 12 07-22-2003 05:17 PM

Advertisments