Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Some files will not copy to USB flash drive

Some files will not copy to USB flash drive

NoMoreMrNiceGuy

Windows XP Pro, USB2.0

I'm trying to copy some mp3s to a Sandisk flash drive. Most of the
files will copy over but a few will not. I get an error message
something like "The directory of file cannot be created." There is
plenty of room on the drive and I have had the drive full in the past.

Any ideas what's going on?

Norm

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:14:54 -0600, NoMoreMrNiceGuy
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> Windows XP Pro, USB2.0
|>
|> I'm trying to copy some mp3s to a Sandisk flash drive. Most of the
|> files will copy over but a few will not. I get an error message
|> something like "The directory of file cannot be created." There is
|> plenty of room on the drive and I have had the drive full in the past.
|>
|> Any ideas what's going on?

Names too long, illegal characters being used in the name (!#$%^&...)?

dwacon

"NoMoreMrNiceGuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:422467dd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows XP Pro, USB2.0
>
> I'm trying to copy some mp3s to a Sandisk flash drive. Most of the
> files will copy over but a few will not. I get an error message
> something like "The directory of file cannot be created." There is
> plenty of room on the drive and I have had the drive full in the past.
>
> Any ideas what's going on?
>
> Norm

Are you sure you are not running out of space?

--
It rubs the lotion on its skin...
Or else it gets the hose again...