Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lost everything

Lost everything

Bullet8654

Just lost everything. Complete wipe out. What is the best way to stop it
happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be simple like me,
lol.
Cheers
Glenn

Nancy Strongarme

"Bullet8654" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just lost everything. Complete wipe out. What is the best way to
> stop it
> happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be simple
> like me,
> lol.
> Cheers
> Glenn

You're about to lose even more, Glenn. Abuse report FILED with
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) . Anyone else may do the same. Kick this
shithead off of Usenet.

Now I must masturbate.

127.0.0.1

"Bullet8654" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just lost everything. Complete wipe out. What is the best way to stop it
> happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be simple like
> me,
> lol.
> Cheers
> Glenn

raid level 1
disk mirroring

i assume it was a hdd failure

-a|ex

Toolman Tim

"Bullet8654" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just lost everything. Complete wipe out. What is the best way to stop it
> happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be simple like
> me,
> lol.
> Cheers
> Glenn

Do you have a CD or DVD writer? Get good backup software. (If you had posted
what OS you use, I could be more specific, but I use Backup MyPC here at
home...something else at work.) Learn where your data is that you need to
keep backups of. Some of it is rather well hidden (Windows address book, for
instance.)

Bullet8654

Yes complete failure
Glenn
"127.0.0.1" <get.rooted@localhost> wrote in message
news:9ASUd.10938$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...

> "Bullet8654" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just lost everything. Complete wipe out. What is the best way to stop it
> > happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be simple like
> > me,
> > lol.
> > Cheers
> > Glenn

> raid level 1
> disk mirroring
>
> i assume it was a hdd failure
>
> -a|ex

jda^fx

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 04:34:53 -0000, "Bullet8654"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just lost everything. Complete wipe out. What is the best way to stop it
>happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be simple like me,
>lol.
>Cheers
>Glenn

another simple trick: If you have data and OS on different partitions
or harddisks, set your mailprogram to store it's data, .pst file if it
is MS Outlook, on the data partition instead of the documents and
settings folder, then it will not be lost in case you will have to do
a reinstall. And then include it in the CD backup

--
jda^fx

Brian

"Nancy Strongarme" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:lqSUd.207$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bullet8654" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just lost everything. Complete wipe out. What is the best way to
> > stop it
> > happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be simple
> > like me,
> > lol.
> > Cheers
> > Glenn

> You're about to lose even more, Glenn. Abuse report FILED with
> (E-Mail Removed) . Anyone else may do the same. Kick this
> shithead off of Usenet.

Bitch!

dadiOH

Bullet8654 wrote:
> Just lost everything. Complete wipe out.

Think of it as Fate's way of letting you start over so you can do
better in the future
____________

> What is the best way to stop
> it happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be
> simple like me, lol.
> Cheers
> Glenn

One or more additional physical hard drives with a bootable primary
partition somewhat larger in size than the amount *used* on C. Copy C:
to it (them) at regular intervals with a program that will replicate
source deletions (Karen's Replicator works well). If C: should die,
open case, move the primary IDE cable from C: to backup drive, close
case, turn on power. You are restored.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Bullet8654

WinXP CD/DVDRW.
Thought there might be an idiot proof program around.
Glenn