Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > win 98 freeze

win 98 freeze

Hooter

Can you help please

On starting dell laptop inspiron 4100 win 98 it trys ti install new hardware
(modem) but then i get an error message.

Msgsrv32
An error has occurred in your program. To keep working anyway click ignore
and save your work in a new file. To quit this program, click close. you
will lose information you entered since your last save.

Anyway I can't ignore and when I click on close the laptop goes into freeze
mode and I can't do anything. I am sending this message on a friends
computer. I can start in safe mode but can't seem to do much in there.

Many thanks Gary

Jerry G.

Maybe the driver for the modem it is trying to install is either corrupt, or
not compatible with Win98, or something else that is running in your system.
The process of elimination should resolve this.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Hooter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d0022f$h6u$(E-Mail Removed)...
Can you help please

On starting dell laptop inspiron 4100 win 98 it trys ti install new hardware
(modem) but then i get an error message.

Msgsrv32
An error has occurred in your program. To keep working anyway click ignore
and save your work in a new file. To quit this program, click close. you
will lose information you entered since your last save.

Anyway I can't ignore and when I click on close the laptop goes into freeze
mode and I can't do anything. I am sending this message on a friends
computer. I can start in safe mode but can't seem to do much in there.

Many thanks Gary

Plato

Hooter wrote:

> On starting dell laptop inspiron 4100 win 98 it trys ti install new hardware
> (modem) but then i get an error message.

Did the modem docs say to install the software first? Then connect the
modem? Or, did you just wing it and hope for the best?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

°Mike°

Msgsrv32.exe Errors
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ermsgs32.htm

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:22:23 +0000 (UTC), in
<d0022f$h6u$(E-Mail Removed)>
Hooter scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

freeze string fails to freeze ??? jwaala.amplify@gmail.com Ruby 5 03-15-2007 11:29 PM
win update freeze jl Computer Support 2 09-20-2005 05:22 AM
Win 2k freeze Nottoman Computer Support 2 08-10-2003 07:23 PM
This producing a freeze upon start up of Win. 2000 Pro Bun Mui Computer Support 1 07-09-2003 01:45 AM

Advertisments