Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB needs unplugging to boot up

USB needs unplugging to boot up

pinueve

I installed a wireless usb adapter on quite an old packard bell computer,
now the computer won't boot up, it will show the bios screen, but gets stuck
before recognizing the drives, unless i unplug the wireless adapter.
I saw this happen before to a newer dell, but with a usb printer, the
printer would have to be unplugged for a succesful boot up. Once in windows
i can plug the devices back in no problem, but it's getting to be a little
annoying.

James

"pinueve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nYKUd.9994$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>I installed a wireless usb adapter on quite an old packard bell computer,
>now the computer won't boot up, it will show the bios screen, but gets
>stuck before recognizing the drives, unless i unplug the wireless adapter.
> I saw this happen before to a newer dell, but with a usb printer, the
> printer would have to be unplugged for a succesful boot up. Once in
> windows i can plug the devices back in no problem, but it's getting to be
> a little annoying.

I too have seen this - I have never remedied it however and assumed in my
instance that the hub needed to be powered. I either thought that or the
power settings in BIOS where causing the problem...
--
James Jenkins
www.tamarsolutions.co.uk