Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > black and white cctv camera to television ?

black and white cctv camera to television ?

Edward

Someone gave me a black and wite cctv camera. It has bnc output on it.
I was wondering if I can hook up to regular television.
Thanks

Aquila Deus

Edward wrote:
> Someone gave me a black and wite cctv camera. It has bnc output on it.
> I was wondering if I can hook up to regular television.
> Thanks

Of course.

--
Ann Robinson told me
"You /are/ the weakest chink"

Richard

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:32:01 -0500 Edward wrote:

> Someone gave me a black and wite cctv camera. It has bnc output on it.
> I was wondering if I can hook up to regular television.
> Thanks

Not directly.
You could connect it to a video tape machine then to the tv.

G. Morgan

Subject: black and white cctv camera to television ?
Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
=> Edward <= wrote:

>Someone gave me a black and wite cctv camera. It has bnc output on it.
>I was wondering if I can hook up to regular television.

Yes. If your TV has a line-level input (RCA type jack). The signal out of the
camera is unmodulated, so you select "video" on the TV (no channel).

You'll need a BNC to RCA adaptor.

http://www.svideo.com/bncpigad.html

Edward

Thank you to all of you

Edward

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:24:09 -0600, G. Morgan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Subject: black and white cctv camera to television ?
>Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
>=> Edward <= wrote:
>
>>Someone gave me a black and wite cctv camera. It has bnc output on it.
>>I was wondering if I can hook up to regular television.

>Yes. If your TV has a line-level input (RCA type jack). The signal out of the
>camera is unmodulated, so you select "video" on the TV (no channel).
>
>You'll need a BNC to RCA adaptor.
>
>http://www.svideo.com/bncpigad.html

Barry OGrady

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:32:01 -0500, Edward <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Someone gave me a black and wite cctv camera. It has bnc output on it.
>I was wondering if I can hook up to regular television.

If the TV has video input you can, or connect it to your VCR.

>Thanks

-Barry
========