Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > defragger

defragger

bolshy

anyone know a good free defragger ? speed not important. something that does
a top job.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

bolshy wrote:
> anyone know a good free defragger ? speed not important. something that does
> a top job.

What you have already should suffuce then.

bolshy

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fupUd.2458$(E-Mail Removed)...
> bolshy wrote:
>> anyone know a good free defragger ? speed not important. something that
>> does a top job.

> What you have already should suffuce then.

what do i have ?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

bolshy wrote:
> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fupUd.2458$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>bolshy wrote:
>>
>>>anyone know a good free defragger ? speed not important. something that
>>>does a top job.

>>What you have already should suffuce then.

> what do i have ?

That depends on your OS doesn't it?

bolshy

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uCpUd.1862$(E-Mail Removed)...
> bolshy wrote:
>> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:fupUd.2458$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>What you have already should suffuce then.

>> what do i have ?

> That depends on your OS doesn't it?

zzzzzzzzz! Anyone else ?

dreadnought

I use Diskeeper Lite which is (was) freeware.
Much , much quicker than the defrag utility that comes with Windows ,
can work in the background while you do something else on the computer
and seems to do a better job.I once used ScanDefrag - which works well
enough - but after running the program I did an analysis of the disk
and found quite a lot of fragments still there which Diskeeper dealt
with in seconds. OS is Win ME

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

bolshy wrote:
> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uCpUd.1862$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>bolshy wrote:
>>
>>>"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:fupUd.2458$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>what do i have ?

>>That depends on your OS doesn't it?

> zzzzzzzzz! Anyone else ?

Since you prefer not to reveal what you're using, let's assume you're
using Windows. Have you tried Start > All Programs > Accessories >
System tools > Disk defragmenter?

127.0.0.1

"dreadnought" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use Diskeeper Lite which is (was) freeware.
> Much , much quicker than the defrag utility that comes with Windows ,
> can work in the background while you do something else on the computer
> and seems to do a better job.I once used ScanDefrag - which works well
> enough - but after running the program I did an analysis of the disk
> and found quite a lot of fragments still there which Diskeeper dealt
> with in seconds. OS is Win ME

i hate to admit, but ME defragger is a good one.
just do your defrags after a scandisk /r and in safe mode.

-a|ex

Plato

bolshy wrote:

> anyone know a good free defragger ? speed not important. something that does
> a top job.

Windows comes with a free defragger.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/