Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Compression

Compression

BenBeck

Hi, I am a bit new to computers, so any advice keep it easy. lol

Can anyone tell me, either, how to comperss a 2Hr film on my hard drive so
it will fit on a 80 min. CD, or, how to alter the format so I can burn it to
a DVD.
When I try and burn these files, I am told that the format is'nt recognised.

I am using Nero. Thanks.

Richard

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 00:17:05 GMT BenBeck wrote:

> Hi, I am a bit new to computers, so any advice keep it easy. lol

> Can anyone tell me, either, how to comperss a 2Hr film on my hard drive
> so
> it will fit on a 80 min. CD, or, how to alter the format so I can burn
> it to
> a DVD.
> When I try and burn these files, I am told that the format is'nt
> recognised.

> I am using Nero. Thanks.

You'll need to split the entire film into at least 3 parts.
You'll need a video editor which is capable of doing that.
So that each part is a whole movie.
Various freeware and cheap shareware on the web for that.

Johnny Phuckerfaster

www.dvdhelp.com

"BenBeck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5k8Ud.4302$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I am a bit new to computers, so any advice keep it easy. lol
>
> Can anyone tell me, either, how to comperss a 2Hr film on my hard drive so
> it will fit on a 80 min. CD, or, how to alter the format so I can burn it

> a DVD.
> When I try and burn these files, I am told that the format is'nt

recognised.

> I am using Nero. Thanks.

Johnny Phuckerfaster

wrong link, try this, sorry about that
http://www.videohelp.com/

"BenBeck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5k8Ud.4302$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I am a bit new to computers, so any advice keep it easy. lol
>
> Can anyone tell me, either, how to comperss a 2Hr film on my hard drive so
> it will fit on a 80 min. CD, or, how to alter the format so I can burn it

> a DVD.
> When I try and burn these files, I am told that the format is'nt

recognised.

> I am using Nero. Thanks.

Ionizer

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 00:17:05 GMT BenBeck wrote:
>
>> Hi, I am a bit new to computers, so any advice keep it easy. lol

>> Can anyone tell me, either, how to comperss a 2Hr film on my hard drive
>> so
>> it will fit on a 80 min. CD, or, how to alter the format so I can burn
>> it to
>> a DVD.
>> When I try and burn these files, I am told that the format is'nt
>> recognised.

>> I am using Nero. Thanks.

> You'll need to split the entire film into at least 3 parts.
> You'll need a video editor which is capable of doing that.
> So that each part is a whole movie.
> Various freeware and cheap shareware on the web for that.

Your extremely vague advice is incorrect as well as being extremely vague.
It is not necessary to "split the entire film into at least 3 parts" at
all. And I can state that as fact even though the OP's question was
annoyingly vague. For instance, a commercial dual-layer 9+GB DVD movie
can be compressed and burned to DVD-R using DVD Shrink.
http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/...?article_id=23

--
Ian.