Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Should I remove this virus or trojan???

Should I remove this virus or trojan???

Bud Light

I just used Symantec on-line virus scan and it came back with 1 infected
file. Here's the result:

C:\Recycled\Dc58.exe is infected with Adware.P2PNetworking

Is this associated in any way with ad-aware which I am running? Should I
delete the file or not?

SgtMinor

Bud Light wrote:
> I just used Symantec on-line virus scan and it came back with 1 infected
> file. Here's the result:
>
> C:\Recycled\Dc58.exe is infected with Adware.P2PNetworking
>

> Is this associated in any way with ad-aware which I am running? Should I
> delete the file or not?

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...etworking.html

More:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...22&btnG=Search

Bud Light

Thanks for the help.

"SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bud Light wrote:
> > I just used Symantec on-line virus scan and it came back with 1 infected
> > file. Here's the result:
> >
> > C:\Recycled\Dc58.exe is infected with Adware.P2PNetworking
> >

> > Is this associated in any way with ad-aware which I am running? Should

> > delete the file or not?

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...etworking.html

> More:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...22&btnG=Search

Richard

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:22:23 -0500 Bud Light wrote:

> I just used Symantec on-line virus scan and it came back with 1
> infected
> file. Here's the result:

> C:\Recycled\Dc58.exe is infected with Adware.P2PNetworking

> Is this associated in any way with ad-aware which I am running? Should
> delete the file or not?

Delete it.
It's basically a "peer to peer" ad recycler generally found in things like
kazaa and instant messengers.
Run a firewall like zone alarm and deny it access.

In IE go to tools//options//advanced tab.
Scroll down until you see two items "enable install on demand........".
Uncheck both.
This way you will not get things automatically downloaded you don't want.

In firefox go to options//web features.
Uncheck the box "allow websites to install software".

Bud Light

Thanks for the response.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...