Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > nvidia graphics

nvidia graphics

GARETH INGRAM

Can anyone help me with a problem in a friends computer? She's using a
Gforce4 graphics card, and I have latest directx and drivers installed on a
xp professional machine. Everything is fine, watching videos, viewing
graphics etc etc untill a game starts. When the game graphics start, the
screen contains errors, and various different colours are displayed, mainly
red. This was first noticed when we tried to play black and white, when the
water would continiously flood the land! I have tried playing with screen
res, refresh rates, hardware acc etc etc, but it doesnt seem to make any
differance. This problem only happens when games are being played.

TT

?????

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:44:11 GMT, GARETH INGRAM <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> This was first noticed when we tried to play black and white, when the
> water would continiously flood the land!

Clob

Thats because she needs a newer videocard for dx8 or better.

any of the Radeon 9500+, X700+ and Nvidia 6600 and 6800 series will play
that just fine.

news:%SNTd.1188$(E-Mail Removed)...