Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > computer wont boot fully on start up

computer wont boot fully on start up

Jo King

On windows 98 at boot up my computer used to check various items but now I
just get the one screen at the bottom it says verifying DMI pool data then
goes to the windows screen then a black screen before going to the desktop.
thank you for any help.

SgtMinor

Jo King wrote:
> On windows 98 at boot up my computer used to check various items but now I
> just get the one screen at the bottom it says verifying DMI pool data then
> goes to the windows screen then a black screen before going to the desktop.
> thank you for any help.

It's a hardware problem: "Error Message "Verifying DMI Pool Data"
Occurs and the Computer Is Unavailable"

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=287553

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:58:30 -0000, "Jo King" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|> On windows 98 at boot up my computer used to check various items but now I
|> just get the one screen at the bottom it says verifying DMI pool data then
|> goes to the windows screen then a black screen before going to the desktop.
|> thank you for any help.

When booting up (in Win9 hit your escape key to skip the windows
screen, it hides comments and error reports from the bios, config, and
autoexec files.

--
http://it.slashdot.org/it/05/02/25/1...id=158&tid=218

Rob K

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:58:30 -0000, Jo King wrote:

> On windows 98 at boot up my computer used to check various items but now I
> just get the one screen at the bottom it says verifying DMI pool data then
> goes to the windows screen then a black screen before going to the desktop.
> thank you for any help.

So what exactly is the problem ? Can't you boot into Windows ? Errors
after veryfing the DMI pool ? Or is it that you just can't see the
*first* BIOS output screen ? ( My BIOS displays the "verifying DMI pool
data" on the second output screen)

I.o.w, is the computer "unavailable" as per the link provided by the
Famous Sarge ?

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13
vf ab ybatre gurer, abg rira ng ubgznvy.