Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > any such thing as a broadband monitor program?

any such thing as a broadband monitor program?

fred

i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?

Om_Audio

Be more specific. There are *many* things someone might wish to monitor.
Google is your friend too.

om

"fred" <123@456.789> wrote in message
> i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?

TT

Just what exactly are you trying to gain from it? Network
upload/download speeds and trends?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:11:50 GMT, fred <123@456.789> wrote:

> i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?

SgtMinor

fred wrote:
> i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?

If you're looking for DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 and MIB2 standards and an
efficient SNMP v1 and v2c engine to deliver true multi-vendor cable
modem and CMTS compatibility, look no further:
http://www.birds-eye.net/diagnostics/monitor/

fred

"Om_Audio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:VOCdndYXY8QopoDfRVn-

> Be more specific. There are *many* things someone might wish to monitor.
> Google is your friend too.
>
> om
>
> "fred" <123@456.789> wrote in message
>> i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?

I just got in **** from IP for downloading 79 gig and uploading 18 gig so
far this month.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:55:06 GMT, fred <123@456.789> wrote:

|> "Om_Audio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
|>
|> > Be more specific. There are *many* things someone might wish to monitor.
|> > Google is your friend too.

|> I just got in **** from IP for downloading 79 gig and uploading 18 gig so
|> far this month.

Something like http://www.dumeter.com/ ?

Plato

fred wrote:

> i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/202.htm#4

I got it running 24/7

fred

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:55:06 GMT, fred <123@456.789> wrote:
>
>|> "Om_Audio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>|> I just got in **** from IP for downloading 79 gig and uploading 18
>|> gig so far this month.
>
> Something like http://www.dumeter.com/ ?

Perfect, except for the fact it ain't free. I poor. But thanks, it'll do
for 30 days.

Pete

>> "fred" <123@456.789> wrote in message
>>> i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?

> I just got in **** from IP for downloading 79 gig and uploading 18 gig so
> far this month.

Free bandwidth monitor : Netmeter
http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

I've used it from months - works fine.

fred

TT <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news(E-Mail Removed):

> Just what exactly are you trying to gain from it? Network
> upload/download speeds and trends?

Trying to gain a lighter load of crap from my IP. This DU Meter is good
but not free. They say I have to cut my usage in half or pay $170/month
just for my internet. I need to cut my usage or at least monitor it better
instead of "download all". I have 2 weeks to drop my usage before I get my
pee-pee slapped.