Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Why Don't They Have Tutorials ...

Why Don't They Have Tutorials ...

Way Back Jack

either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?

MOUSE: I still don't know what that little wheel in the center of his
forehead is for.

BENQ MONITOR: Of the 6 buttons in front, the only one I know is
off/on. Afraid to touch the others.

MICROSOFT KEYBOARD: What is "F Lock?" What is the "Zoom" switch for?
There are 4 bulbs, under each of which is an "A" inside a box, an "F"
inside a box, a downpointing arrow, and a "1" inside a box. There are
buttons for sound, and the "u" key and "i" key say "Underln" and
"Italic" respectively. Other words are written on some of the other
keys too. Mary

why?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:00:32 GMT, Way Back Jack wrote:

>either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?
>
>MOUSE: I still don't know what that little wheel in the center of his
>forehead is for.

MS mice software / help etc on the CD supplied or download and install
the drivers have the help as well.

Dual function, wheel scrolls and pressing allows a third user
programmable function.

>BENQ MONITOR: Of the 6 buttons in front, the only one I know is
>off/on. Afraid to touch the others.

Model? D/L the manual from the manufacturer.
The usual sort of things are brightness, menu , select , exit and auto.

>MICROSOFT KEYBOARD: What is "F Lock?" What is the "Zoom" switch for?

Which model?

The traditional function keys F1-F12 are used by different apps , for
example F1 opens MS Help. Newer keyboards replaced the Fnumber label on
top of the keys by internet . multimedia functions. If you want the
original Fnumber function press FLock, there should be a LED that shows
if the Flock is on or off.

When on the F1-F12 is active, when off the newer functions on the key
tops are active.

>There are 4 bulbs, under each of which is an "A" inside a box, an "F"

The A is CAPS LOCK?

>inside a box, a downpointing arrow, and a "1" inside a box. There are

FLock see above.

The 1 is number lock for the keypad on the right side of the keyboard
and the arrow is the odd one, not used much it's scroll lock.

>buttons for sound, and the "u" key and "i" key say "Underln" and
>"Italic" respectively. Other words are written on some of the other

Remember you didn't give the model / type of monitor or keyboard.

>keys too. Mary

Using www.google.com and searching for

microsoft keyboard help

gives , list of shortcuts,
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/keyboard.aspx

Not knowing what mouse you have, this is for reference only
don't d/l the driver just read the overview.

For information about MS hardware, keyboard and mice.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...d/default.mspx
have a look for the keyboard you have.

I see you asked about the keyboard zoom
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...s.aspx?pid=030
on that page -

Zoom Slider
The Microsoft zoom slider makes it easy to take a closer look at
pictures, documents, and Web pages—without taking your hand off the
keyboard. To zoom in and out, just slide the lever on your keyboard.
» Learn more about the zoom slider.
» Programs that are compatible with Microsoft zoom slider (.pdf).
» Programs that are not compatible with Microsoft zoom slider (.pdf).

Read the rest.

This page
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx
has 'get documentation' links.

Me

Scraggy

why? wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:00:32 GMT, Way Back Jack wrote:
>
>> either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?

Headers? YHBT?
--
I told his psychiatrist that everyone hates him. He said I was being
ridiculous - everyone hasn't met him yet. Rodney Dangerfield

why?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:45:10 -0000, Scraggy wrote:

>why? wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:00:32 GMT, Way Back Jack wrote:
>>
>>> either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?

>Headers? YHBT?

Most likely, that's what I thought, without checking headers it just
read as a troll.

Sometimes I can't be bothered to check.

Me

Fred

"Way Back Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?
>
> MOUSE: I still don't know what that little wheel in the center of his
> forehead is for.
>
> BENQ MONITOR: Of the 6 buttons in front, the only one I know is
> off/on. Afraid to touch the others.
>
> MICROSOFT KEYBOARD: What is "F Lock?" What is the "Zoom" switch for?
> There are 4 bulbs, under each of which is an "A" inside a box, an "F"
> inside a box, a downpointing arrow, and a "1" inside a box. There are
> buttons for sound, and the "u" key and "i" key say "Underln" and
> "Italic" respectively. Other words are written on some of the other
> keys too. Mary

They do. All the answers are there somewhere. Have a look under 'help'
section in the various programs. Have a look at help and support if
available. Open mouse from control panel and look at the features. Same with
keyboard. The more you poke about - the more you will learn.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Fred wrote:

> "Way Back Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?
>>
>>MOUSE: I still don't know what that little wheel in the center of his
>>forehead is for.
>>
>>BENQ MONITOR: Of the 6 buttons in front, the only one I know is
>>off/on. Afraid to touch the others.
>>
>>MICROSOFT KEYBOARD: What is "F Lock?" What is the "Zoom" switch for?
>>There are 4 bulbs, under each of which is an "A" inside a box, an "F"
>>inside a box, a downpointing arrow, and a "1" inside a box. There are
>>buttons for sound, and the "u" key and "i" key say "Underln" and
>>"Italic" respectively. Other words are written on some of the other
>>keys too. Mary

> They do. All the answers are there somewhere. Have a look under 'help'
> section in the various programs. Have a look at help and support if
> available. Open mouse from control panel and look at the features. Same with
> keyboard. The more you poke about - the more you will learn.

"The more you poke about - the more you will learn"
Is that "doin' a neville" ?

Toolman Tim

"Brian H¹©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iaPSd.24$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Fred wrote:
|
| > "Way Back Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| >
| >>either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?
| >>
| >>MOUSE: I still don't know what that little wheel in the center of his
| >>forehead is for.
| >>
| >>BENQ MONITOR: Of the 6 buttons in front, the only one I know is
| >>off/on. Afraid to touch the others.
| >>
| >>MICROSOFT KEYBOARD: What is "F Lock?" What is the "Zoom" switch for?
| >>There are 4 bulbs, under each of which is an "A" inside a box, an "F"
| >>inside a box, a downpointing arrow, and a "1" inside a box. There are
| >>buttons for sound, and the "u" key and "i" key say "Underln" and
| >>"Italic" respectively. Other words are written on some of the other
| >>keys too. Mary
| >

| > They do. All the answers are there somewhere. Have a look under 'help'
| > section in the various programs. Have a look at help and support if
| > available. Open mouse from control panel and look at the features. Same
with
| > keyboard. The more you poke about - the more you will learn.
| >

| "The more you poke about - the more you will learn"
| Is that "doin' a neville" ?

Nope - 'doin' a neville' is more like sticking a fork in a power outlet...

The Old Sourdough

On 22 Feb 2005, Toolman Tim scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> "Brian H¹©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:iaPSd.24$(E-Mail Removed)...

snip

>| "The more you poke about - the more you will learn"
>| Is that "doin' a neville" ?
>
> Nope - 'doin' a neville' is more like sticking a fork in a power
> outlet...

Hey, I did that once. Of course, I was only two years old at the time,
but it left a lasting impression on me.

--
The Old Sourdough
You know what I like best about the NCAA Basketball Tournament? Sixty-

Toolman Tim

"The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
news:Xns9605E18CB580dontbothertoreplyall@192.168.1 .5...
| On 22 Feb 2005, Toolman Tim scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
|

| > "Brian H¹©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:iaPSd.24$(E-Mail Removed)...
| snip

| >|
| >| "The more you poke about - the more you will learn"
| >| Is that "doin' a neville" ?
| >
| > Nope - 'doin' a neville' is more like sticking a fork in a power
| > outlet...
| >

| Hey, I did that once. Of course, I was only two years old at the time,
| but it left a lasting impression on me.

I imagine <g>

But the problem with n-boy is he keeps going back for more ;o)

Blinky the Shark

Toolman Tim wrote:

> "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
> news:Xns9605E18CB580dontbothertoreplyall@192.168.1 .5...
>| On 22 Feb 2005, Toolman Tim scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>|

>| > "Brian H¹©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>| > news:iaPSd.24$(E-Mail Removed)...
>| snip
>|
>| >|

>| > Nope - 'doin' a neville' is more like sticking a fork in a power
>| > outlet...
>| >

>| Hey, I did that once. Of course, I was only two years old at the time,
>| but it left a lasting impression on me.
>|
> I imagine <g>

> But the problem with n-boy is he keeps going back for more ;o)

We can only hope he runs out of Usenet forks.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933: