Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unable to install Update

Unable to install Update

Happyhooker

I have a Dell 8600 with Win XP Home and both service pack 1 & 2 already
installed. The computer keeps trying to install Security update for
Microsoft .NET version 1.1 service pack 1 ( KB886903) but it keeps saying
"cannot install update" . Is this a critical update ? I checked my add
and remove program list and it is not there. Any helpful ideas would be
appreciated.

Unk

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:28:44 -0600, "Happyhooker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a Dell 8600 with Win XP Home and both service pack 1 & 2 already
>installed. The computer keeps trying to install Security update for
>Microsoft .NET version 1.1 service pack 1 ( KB886903) but it keeps saying
>"cannot install update" . Is this a critical update ? I checked my add
>and remove program list and it is not there. Any helpful ideas would be
>appreciated.

You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822798

James

"Happyhooker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Dell 8600 with Win XP Home and both service pack 1 & 2 already
> installed. The computer keeps trying to install Security update for
> Microsoft .NET version 1.1 service pack 1 ( KB886903) but it keeps saying
> "cannot install update" . Is this a critical update ? I checked my add
> and remove program list and it is not there. Any helpful ideas would be
> appreciated.

did it give you an error code? - if so then check the windows upadate group
to find the fix

chuckie®

Also sprach Micro$oft:
The .NET Framework is a feature of Windows. Applications built using the
..NET Framework are more reliable and secure. You need to install the .NET
Framework only if you have software that requires it. After you install this
item, you may have to restart your computer.
HTH...luck...