Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Voice Recognition Software

Voice Recognition Software

rfdjr@aol.com

I'm looking for suggestions to a reliable voice recognition software
program for a friend who claims not to be able to type. I've seen
anywhere from $10 through $700. He'd like to keep the cost around
$100. Anyone have any suggestions as to a decent program? He's using
Windows 2000 and will probably being using MS Word. Thanks.

Dave

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for suggestions to a reliable voice recognition software
> program for a friend who claims not to be able to type. I've seen
> anywhere from $10 through $700. He'd like to keep the cost around
> $100. Anyone have any suggestions as to a decent program? He's using
> Windows 2000 and will probably being using MS Word. Thanks.

I'm not sure about Word alone, but I have Office XP and it comes with voice
recognition. Maybe his version of Word has it. Or if you mean he will be
buying Word, than XP and 2003 come with Voice Recognition.

Dave

Mac attack

> I'm looking for suggestions to a reliable voice recognition software
> program for a friend who claims not to be able to type. I've seen
> anywhere from $10 through $700. He'd like to keep the cost around
> $100. Anyone have any suggestions as to a decent program? He's using
> Windows 2000 and will probably being using MS Word. Thanks.

Check here for a how to: