Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Network always needs "repair"

Network always needs "repair"

Paul B.

I run a second XP system that I fire up only weekly in order to
receive back up files. Every time I do so, however, neither
computer (they are joined by a local router, which also connects
to a DSL modem) can see the home network. It's not until I run
Repair on the network in the back up computer that everything's
fine again.

Is there anything I can do to avoid this remedial step each time?

Thanks,
Paul

James

"Paul B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I run a second XP system that I fire up only weekly in order to receive
>back up files. Every time I do so, however, neither computer (they are
>joined by a local router, which also connects to a DSL modem) can see the
>home network. It's not until I run Repair on the network in the back up
>computer that everything's fine again.
>
> Is there anything I can do to avoid this remedial step each time?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Have you updated all your drivers?

Paul B.

James wrote:
> "Paul B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I run a second XP system that I fire up only weekly in order to receive
>>back up files. Every time I do so, however, neither computer (they are
>>joined by a local router, which also connects to a DSL modem) can see the
>>home network. It's not until I run Repair on the network in the back up
>>computer that everything's fine again.
>>
>>Is there anything I can do to avoid this remedial step each time?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Paul

> Have you updated all your drivers?

It's a fresh install, completely Updated.

Paul