Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can 56k auto DUP be enabled for programs running on XP?

Can 56k auto DUP be enabled for programs running on XP?

rt

I have a few programs that would dial a connnection automatically in Win98.
I loaded them on a new notebook with Win XP, but now they will not auto
dialup. I have to first establish a connection with IE or with the desktop
shortcut to my ISP. My ISP suggested trying a few settings in the dialup
propertes of XP, but they didn't make a difference. Is there a way to have
XP allow a program to dial a net connection automatically?
tia,
rt