Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > help about linux mandrake

help about linux mandrake

neville

YES but how do get rid of windows and HOW DO I GET MANDRAKE 7.ON IT some
real help would be nice.Do i delete windows and then copy and paste linux
mandrake onto my hard drive,sorry if this is obviuos but i dont now how.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

neville wrote:

> YES but how do get rid of windows and HOW DO I GET MANDRAKE 7.ON IT some
> real help would be nice.Do i delete windows and then copy and paste linux
> mandrake onto my hard drive,sorry if this is obviuos but i dont now how.

RTFM

Jim

> > YES but how do get rid of windows and HOW DO I GET MANDRAKE 7.ON IT some
> > real help would be nice.Do i delete windows and then copy and paste

linux
> > mandrake onto my hard drive,sorry if this is obviuos but i dont now how.

Just copy and paste m8, you should be fine.

gcc

This is about the No - Helpingingest NG i have ever seen......Bunch of kids
here I Guess, cause adults certainly wouldn't act the way you guys
do........

Neville......

You are going to have to format your hard drive to remove Windows, rendering
your PC Useless (Unless your an expert in DOS) Until you install an
Operating System.....

No you cannot copy and paste an Operating System......If you have never done
this I suggest you do allot of reading, or have someone do it for you that
has done it before.....Not that it is particular hard.....

Visit http://www.mandrakesoft.com/ to obtain the Install for Mandrake (And
other things you'll need from Linux)

I would also suggest you visit the usenet Group alt.comp.linux for further
assistance.....

Jim

> This is about the No - Helpingingest NG i have ever seen......Bunch of
kids
> here I Guess, cause adults certainly wouldn't act the way you guys
> do........

GCC my sincere apologies to one and all. I honestly thought he was a troll
due to such a wild question.

regards
Jim

gcc

> GCC my sincere apologies to one and all. I honestly thought he was a
> troll
> due to such a wild question.
>
> regards
> Jim

Fair enough, He may be a Troll, But he has been asking this question for
days I think, Sounds sincere to me.....

I have seen some crazy questions in my life....

dunc

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:22:55 GMT, "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> This is about the No - Helpingingest NG i have ever seen......Bunch of

>kids
>> here I Guess, cause adults certainly wouldn't act the way you guys
>> do........

>GCC my sincere apologies to one and all. I honestly thought he was a troll
>due to such a wild question.
>
>regards
>Jim

Jim - read some of is other posts

Blinky the Shark

Jim wrote:
>> This is about the No - Helpingingest NG i have ever seen......Bunch of

> kids
>> here I Guess, cause adults certainly wouldn't act the way you guys
>> do........

> GCC my sincere apologies to one and all. I honestly thought he was a troll
> due to such a wild question.

What about gcc's post shows that OP not? C'mon, during the first
round of his trolling (where this was supposed to be his father's computer),
somone called him a troll, and he said (I paraphrase) "you figured me
out". Just because gcc's not caught on doesn't mean OP's not a troll.
Now he's actually pulling in another school of fish.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

Parko

gcc wrote:
>I suggest you do allot of reading,

Dictionaries, gcc.
--
Parko
Sometimes I have to fire up a Windows box to see how t'other 'arf live.

Parko

neville wrote:
> YES but how do get rid of windows and HOW DO I GET MANDRAKE 7.ON IT some
> real help would be nice.Do i delete windows and then copy and paste linux
> mandrake onto my hard drive,sorry if this is obviuos but i dont now how.

You're better off Crtl+c Crtl+v Mandrake 10.1 to your primary hard
drive. Much simpler and easier. Don't have to stuff around with messy
bootloaders, partition tables or config files. Whilst I.m at it, found
that RHL 5.2 disc, gonna +c +v it right now. Can't beat an uptodate OS.

--
Parko