Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What the F*+*/ now. Shortcut problem

What the F*+*/ now. Shortcut problem

JohnF

XPPro shortcuts.

Were working fine then I did something....hell if I know what but now
every time I hit a desktop short cut that uses an internet connection
I get a "Windows cannot find http;******** check you typed
correctly,bla,bla,bla" then the link opens. I have to go back to the
desktop and click "OK" before the warning will go away otherwise I
just get the windows dramatic "bump" chime for a bad click if I click
another shortcut. I re-estalished the shortcuts directly from the
websites but still get the error.

Ideas???

JohnF

LAN connection
Mozilla FireFox

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

JohnF wrote:

> XPPro shortcuts.
>
> Were working fine then I did something....hell if I know what but now
> every time I hit a desktop short cut that uses an internet connection
> I get a "Windows cannot find http;******** check you typed
> correctly,bla,bla,bla" then the link opens. I have to go back to the
> desktop and click "OK" before the warning will go away otherwise I
> just get the windows dramatic "bump" chime for a bad click if I click
> another shortcut. I re-estalished the shortcuts directly from the
> websites but still get the error.
>
> Ideas???
>
> JohnF

Change http; to http:

JohnF

Everything worked before. All I did, that I know of, was to set
Mozilla as the default browser in the "set program access and
defaults" utility. Mozilla was what I used before but it wasn't set as
default in that utility for some reason. The machine defaulted to
Mozilla anyway so I guess I shouldn't have fixed it if it was working.

JohnF