Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Move Contents and XP system

Move Contents and XP system

ron

Is it possible to move/copy the contents and the XP system from one drvie
(smaller) to another (new and larger)

I use to do this with Mac, but I know PC operating systems makes it
difficult.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

ron wrote:

> Is it possible to move/copy the contents and the XP system from one drvie
> (smaller) to another (new and larger)
>
> I use to do this with Mac, but I know PC operating systems makes it
> difficult.

Norton Ghost will do it. Just did it about an hour ago for someone,
moved XP from a 3GB to a 30GB and it only took a few minutes.

Toolman Tim

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| ron wrote:
|
| > Is it possible to move/copy the contents and the XP system from one
drvie
| > (smaller) to another (new and larger)
| >
| > I use to do this with Mac, but I know PC operating systems makes it
| > difficult.
|

| Norton Ghost will do it. Just did it about an hour ago for someone,
| moved XP from a 3GB to a 30GB and it only took a few minutes.

If someone doesn't have Ghost (or other similar software), the hard drive
setup utility usually has the option to "copy partition" from the old drive
to the new one. You can download the utility from the web site of the
manufacturer of the new drive.