Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help. New drive has appeared in Explorer. How do I get rid of it?

Help. New drive has appeared in Explorer. How do I get rid of it?

Anthropy

My PC: Win XP Pro SP2, 500mb DDR 400, GeForce 440.

Hi all
I inserted a CD into my CD drive. The disk may have been a bit dodgy
because the PC crashed. When I restarted the PC everything ran fine
except for the addition of a new drive in Explorer. I have tried to
remove this drive but so far I've not been successful. Is there a way
I can remove the drive?
Thanks.

Anthropy

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:40:58 GMT, Anthropy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My PC: Win XP Pro SP2, 500mb DDR 400, GeForce 440.
>
> Hi all
>I inserted a CD into my CD drive. The disk may have been a bit dodgy
>because the PC crashed. When I restarted the PC everything ran fine
>except for the addition of a new drive in Explorer. I have tried to
>remove this drive but so far I've not been successful. Is there a way
>I can remove the drive?
>Thanks.

Sorry , the PC spec should have read,
Win 98se, 512mb PC 133, ATI Rage Xpert 128. Forgot I was on a
different machine.